300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS Criminal Investigator

Anyone else get in on the IRS 1811 opening that closed June 4? It was only open for two days. Announcement said 200 openings nationwide. I have already been contacted by them two days after closing of the announcement, shocked to say the least. Anyone know anything about this gig and the process? Thanks.

Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
    Anyone else get in on the IRS 1811 opening that closed June 4? It was only open for two days. Announcement said 200 openings nationwide. I have already been contacted by them two days after closing of the announcement, shocked to say the least. Anyone know anything about this gig and the process? Thanks.
    I'm in. I received the contact after it closed as well, but I wouldn't be shocked, it is just the generic 'your application passed the automated screening system to meet minimum standards' email. It just looks personal due to the email address.

Shot in the dark for me, no accounting experience or anything like that. We shall see, best of luck to all involved.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

I also applied. Good luck to all!

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
        I'm in. I received the contact after it closed as well, but I wouldn't be shocked, it is just the generic 'your application passed the automated screening system to meet minimum standards' email. It just looks personal due to the email address.

Shot in the dark for me, no accounting experience or anything like that. We shall see, best of luck to all involved.
        I too took a shot in the dark and got the generic email resonse. I have no accounting experience, but I am a current FED LEO and am 3/4 the way through a Master's in Justice Studies w/ a concentration in Cybersecurity. So we shall see. It looks like they want to hire 200 agents off of this announcement, so maybe they will be looking at people with varying types of experience instead of just bean counters.

Comment

I threw my name in the hat and also received the same generic email this morning for grades 7 and 9. I also have no accounting experience so I don't really expect to make it any further, but you can't win if you don't play.

Comment

Same here, goodluck to all!!

Comment

Same here, good luck. State PD S/A, 12 years exp, last 5 working financial crimes, MA in Criminal Behavior. Shot in the dark here as well.....we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by manno332 View Post
                Same here, good luck. State PD S/A, 12 years exp, last 5 working financial crimes, MA in Criminal Behavior. Shot in the dark here as well.....we shall see.
                That's a shot in the dark with night vision and a NV Eotech; sounds like the perfect resume for this. Good luck sir

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
                  I too took a shot in the dark and got the generic email resonse. I have no accounting experience, but I am a current FED LEO and am 3/4 the way through a Master's in Justice Studies w/ a concentration in Cybersecurity. So we shall see. It looks like they want to hire 200 agents off of this announcement, so maybe they will be looking at people with varying types of experience instead of just bean counters.
                  Also got the same email. I think anyone meeting minimum qualifications got the email. I have less than 1 year of auditing experience, and got an accounting degree with SAA just last year. I also have 3 years working in a federal LE agency (non-LEO), as well as military. Lets see what happens.

Comment

Huh I thought the email was more promising than that lol. I'm in the same boat as many of you with over 10 years as an leo, Associates Degree, 3 B.S. degrees, and two M.S. degrees. None of my education is in accounting. Good luck to you all 200 openings sounds like good potential. One last question though, did your emails come out of Ohio?

Comment

I also got on board... But is it just me? I saw a 5/7/9 Internal post for the same 200 positions???

Comment

Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                        I also got on board... But is it just me? I saw a 5/7/9 Internal post for the same 200 positions???
                        Job Announcement Number:14CE3-CIN0105-1811-5-9-JB

SALARY RANGE: $39,012.00 to $63,894.00 / Per Year
                        OPEN PERIOD: Monday, June 02, 2014 to Friday, June 13, 2014
                        SERIES & GRADE: GL-1811-05/09
                        POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time - Permanent
                        PROMOTION POTENTIAL:12
                        DUTY LOCATIONS: 200 vacancies - IRS Nationwide Locations, United States

WHO MAY APPLY: IRS employees on Career or Career Conditional Appointments in the competitive service.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                          Huh I thought the email was more promising than that lol. I'm in the same boat as many of you with over 10 years as an leo, Associates Degree, 3 B.S. degrees, and two M.S. degrees. None of my education is in accounting. Good luck to you all 200 openings sounds like good potential. One last question though, did your emails come out of Ohio?
                          Yes, the emails came from HR which is in Ohio. I was rated as a GL-9. Here's to hoping!!!

Comment

I'm just an average applicant.

I don't speak FARSI, Mandarin, or Russian or have my PhD in accounting and cryptology. I didn't spend 5 years studying abroad in the horn of Africa. I was not Marines Force Recon. I do not have an IQ of 160. I did not obtain my combination MD/Juris Doctorate, then decide to dedicate myself to a life of public service. I did not complete 3 ultramarathons last year, or participate in the Crossfit Games. I do not have photographic memory. I do not have 30 years of law enforcement experience, I am not the world's foremost expert in computer forensics.

I am just an average guy, and hopefully I have a shot. In the past, average people were hired for 1811 positions, but with the slow down in hiring, it has become very competitive, and people like me, don't make the cut.
                            Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
                              Yes, the emails came from HR which is in Ohio. I was rated as a GL-9. Here's to hoping!!!
                              i wouldnt assume youve met the qualifications for that grade, other than the bare minimum the initial screening program uses. I got two emails, one for 7 and 9

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7470 users online. 354 members and 7116 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X