300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1811 "lateral transfer"

I am looking for feedback from any current 1811s out there who have transferred from one federal agency to another. Specifically, I am curious to hear how the transfer process was (background, poly, etc) and how long the entire process took. Any input from those who have been through the experience is appreciated. Feel free to send me a PM also.

I have and know others who also have. It was seamless for me (as for some others I know), but it largely depends on the agency you're trying to go to.

Typically, lateraling to ICE/HSI and OIG's have been the easiest.
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

I've done it several times. It was the same process that every other applicant goes through, really. The one thing that may be faster is the BI, but that's only because you're already a fed and the investigator has an easier time locating references, etc.
      "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

With regards to transfers;

I know ive seen postings for 1811 lateral, but are there a lot of transfers that occur without a public posting? What about the FBI? Since they have their own academy, is there even such a thing as a lateral to the FBI?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddiebauer86 View Post
          With regards to transfers;

I know ive seen postings for 1811 lateral, but are there a lot of transfers that occur without a public posting? What about the FBI? Since they have their own academy, is there even such a thing as a lateral to the FBI?
          From what I recall they don't take laterals for Agent slots in the FBI. Even as an 1811 you apply and jump through all the hoops. But, I am basing this off old internet research (forums mostly) so take that for what it is worth.

Comment

There is no real lateral movement with the Fed unless its intra-agency. In some cases, even moving from a bureau to an office or vice versa can be seen as leaving one agency and going to another with no break in service, but not truly a "lateral" move per se.

It depends on the agency. Those that run through CITP and who have their own in-house post FLETC training will just run you through the in-house.

In most cases you will likely have to run through the medical and at the very least a periodic review. As for timelines- that is a huge "it depends".
            Originally posted by SSD
            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4561 users online. 266 members and 4295 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X