300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLEO - Poly/Medical Question

Last edited by Hubris00; 06-02-2014, 03:31 PM.

I would get two statements from different doctors saying that they have found that you do not have Narcolepsy.
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubris00 View Post
      Hey Guys,

I know a medical exam won't determine any signs of this diagnosis because it doesn't exist, but I know a polygraph would determine signs of deception.

Thank you!
      Every medical situation will be on a case by case basis, so I can't really give you any advice on that, other than the seek documentation from other doctors clearing you of the misdiagnosis.

One thing I can tell you for sure, is that the medical and polygraph issues are completely separate. The polygraph is not going to show signs of deception, unless you try to be deceptive about your prior diagnosis. You will have an opportunity to explain all the details of your narcolepsy or lack thereof prior to being strapped to the machine. Be 100% honest at all times.

The only way you are going to get into trouble for this on the poly, is if you try to lie about it or omit any of the details. The last thing you want, is to admit something during the poly that you did not disclose beforehand. That would be a show stopper.

Good luck to you.

Comment

If you are taking a prescribed medication why are you worried about the poly? There is no question on the polygraph that will ask: "Have you ever been diagnosed with narcosleepy?" As long as you are not obtaining the Adderall illegally you will have no issues.

The med review will notice the diagnosis, if it is in your medical records, and will ask you for more info if it is an issue.

Comment

Last edited by Hubris00; 06-02-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Hubris00; 06-02-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubris00 View Post
              Thanks fellas! That's great advice! I'll definitely work on getting that documentation for proof and honesty is always the best policy. I guess I'll see what happens.
              I think that will be the best route forward. Disclose it and let them tell you if it will be an issue. If the diagnosis is in error, do what the others have said and get a second opinion. Have that in your hand when you complete the paperwork. Trust me, don't wait until they ask you to go get another exam. That could add a lot of time to your hiring timeline.

Comment

The polygraph only cares about how honest and trustworthy you are, it is not their concern whether you had a medical condition or not coz there's a medical unit that is taking care of that. If you are asked about it, just say what you know with all honesty, coz that's what they are looking for. Lying is definitely going to hurt you more than the medical condition in the hiring process. Good luck.

Comment

The polygraph does test honesty, but it is also largely an investigative tool to help uncover issues that the applicant has not disclosed or was deceptive about.
                  I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5443 users online. 310 members and 5133 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X