300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAID Foreign Service Criminal Investigator 1811

I just found out I was referred for this position, anyone know anything about this position? I worked with some USAID employees in Afghanistan but that's the extent of it.

Errr....you applied for a 1811 job just because it was an 1811 gig and have no clue what they do is what you are saying..?

Comment

Agree with Bearcat here. This is the reason it takes so long for HR to review all the applications.

Comment

Well I'm a current covered FEDLEO, I'm not simply applying to every 1811 job and I always read the announcements, however, it doesn't tell things like moral, mobility, forced moves, deployment length etc. The things that really matter at the end of the day.

Thanks for the assumptions.

Comment

I posted this a month ago…was on page two of the forum:

"I ran into a USAID SA in DC last year, and from what I remember, you start in DC for 3 years or so, then OCONUS 3-4 years…repeat. CITP wouldn't be needed for the entry level hires. The journeyman level is where someone with DSS could probably help you out better, I was told that you can be non-supervisory equivalent of a GS15, which would be FS-1 I think. They have posted entry level in the past, but ended up taking the best qualified, running different grade announcements at the same time. Small agency, I believe under 50 total in FS, with some civil service 1811's as well. At one point they had a list of critical needs on the website, along with overseas stations. Getting tenure in FS and the journeyman level had me confused, so maybe someone else can chime in."

Comment

Originally posted by jtothawhat View Post
            I just found out I was referred for this position, anyone know anything about this position? I worked with some USAID employees in Afghanistan but that's the extent of it.
            A foreign service criminal investigator position with USAID requires you to live abroad for multiple years. This position and DSS are the only two agencies that have truly interested me in law enforcement. The only advise I can give is go to the OiG's website and do some research. They're looking for 1/3 diplomat, 1/3 special agent, and 1/3 globe trekker.

Good Luck,
            Last edited by TopGun87; 05-29-2014, 06:59 PM.
            The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
              This is another example of Goldbadge fever.
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
                Hey OP, are you an 1811 for dhs?
                1801 with ICE ERO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4709 users online. 334 members and 4375 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X