300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officer Hiring Process Wa state

Hey everyone, I just recently took a police officer written exam, and after feeling extraordinarily confident afterwards, I get an email a few days later informing me that I did not pass the test. I asked if I could review my answers, and as it turns out I got a 93% on the first section (cognitive) and the passing score for that was a 70%. On section 2 however, I only received a 72.8% where the passing score was a 75%. Section 2 was the moral type questions, where you answer with "strongly agree, agree, not sure, disagree, strongly disagree." I know my morals are right, but on that section I didn't go to the strongly agree/disagree too often. Is that the reason my score wasn't high enough? I was really discouraged after having failed the test.

I have future tests coming up with other police departments. This first test was important for me in that it was a good preview for future tests and would help me obviously. I really wanted to make it to the oral board and see how that goes, but alas I did not.

As a side note, I am active duty army. Been in the service for roughly 3 years now with a combat deployment, just getting ready to get out in around a year or so. I qualify for veterans preference but I am not sure if I can get it until I actually ETS and get the DD-214, as they ask for that if you put veterans preference. Will they put that into perspective for me as I am in the middle of transitioning? It would be very nice to get that little bonus haha...

For reference I am in the Pierce county area.

Are you talking about the Public Safety Test? There is a lot more information on Washington State specific testing in the Washington state forum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7004 users online. 362 members and 6642 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X