Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a special duty I did in the Marine Corps and I always tell Marines the bad and the good if they wanted to do it. They don't listen and end up hating every part once they are doing it. lol

Sometimes, someone's word needs to be taken for what it is as they know more than what an applicant reads from the job announcement/website info.

Comment

Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
      There's a special duty I did in the Marine Corps and I always tell Marines the bad and the good if they wanted to do it. They don't listen and end up hating every part once they are doing it. lol

Sometimes, someone's word needs to be taken for what it is as they know more than what an applicant reads from the job announcement/website info.
      Exactly, thats exactly right..
      Its Showtime! -- "The Icon" -- Sting.

Comment

Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post

Especially when folks answering questions in this thread work there....or have worked there....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          Especially when folks answering questions in this thread work there....or have worked there....
          Ohh my gosh brother, isnt that the truth..

I can honestly say "some" people have gone above and beyond to lay it all out for the prospectives here, but as the old addage goes, "you can lead a horse to water but...."

Comment

Originally posted by eastwest2300 View Post
            Ohh my gosh brother, isnt that the truth..

I can honestly say "some" people have gone above and beyond to lay it all out for the prospectives here, but as the old addage goes, "you can lead a horse to water but...."
            I've had folks hit me up about my former gig with DOJ....and told them at the present moment, there is no way in hell they should take the gig due to the supervision I had still being there.....And their lives would be absolutely miserable.

Two ignored me....got hired....and lasted less than 6 months before one quit and the other one got let go during probation (he was doing his job I suspect....and that's highly frowned upon most times).

Comment

I've had folks hit me up about my former gig with DOJ....and told them at the present moment, there is no way in hell they should take the gig due to the supervision I had still being there.....And their lives would be absolutely miserable.

Two ignored me....got hired....and lasted less than 6 months before one quit and the other one got let go during probation (he was doing his job I suspect....and that's highly frowned upon most times).
              Same work environment with the special officer program, and a lot of those guys are still there and some are good friends, I feel bad for them.. But the only person thats gonna get you outta there is yourself, so if you're still there, well thats on you. You have no one to be mad at but yourself.

Comment

Same work environment with the special officer program, and a lot of those guys are still there and some are good friends, I feel bad for them.. But the only person thats gonna get you outta there is yourself, so if you're still there, well thats on you. You have no one to be mad at but yourself.
                I've got two buddies still at DOJ. For the life of me, I have no clue why they are still there. They get ticked (to a point) when they have seen me and others from there post stuff on FB about moving up GS wise and they are still stuck at 11s.

Until DOJ and USSS gets new management that gives two craps about folks working these kinds of gigs....it will be the same crap/different day....and folks will be miserable working.....and have crappy lives because of that.

Comment

I've got two buddies still at DOJ. For the life of me, I have no clue why they are still there. They get ticked (to a point) when they have seen me and others from there post stuff on FB about moving up GS wise and they are still stuck at 11s.

Until DOJ and USSS gets new management that gives two craps about folks working these kinds of gigs....it will be the same crap/different day....and folks will be miserable working.....and have crappy lives because of that.
                  Yup, thats right..thats exactly right.

Comment

Yup, thats right..thats exactly right.
                    And get to watch Senior Agents smash into WH gates......smashed off their asses....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                      And get to watch Senior Agents smash into WH gates......smashed off their asses....
                      I hate to admit this, BUT one of those guys, I won't name no names (ogilvie), was the former ASAC for the special officer program... I smiled big time when I found this out...

hahahahahaha.. you pos.

Comment

• lol I find it hilarious they said I don't meet the minimum qualifications, which I find myself overqualified in the first place. They don't meet my minimum qualifications either. Best news all day! No sarcasm intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
                          lol I find it hilarious they said I don't meet the minimum qualifications, which I find myself overqualified in the first place. They don't meet my minimum qualifications either. Best news all day! No sarcasm intended.
                          wowwwww, thats crazy, thats fricken absolutely crazy. ANYONE can pass out visitor passes, and press a button to raise and lower vehicle ballards all day..

brother, trust me, you NOT making the cut is a HUGE blessing in disguise. congrats!

Comment

• I have received a conditional offer of employment for Special Officer in DC I go Monday 3/24/15 for a Security clearance interview. Can anyone give me any in depth information on what to expect? Also can anyone give me any information on the day to day tasks they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
                              lol I find it hilarious they said I don't meet the minimum qualifications, which I find myself overqualified in the first place. They don't meet my minimum qualifications either. Best news all day! No sarcasm intended.
                              Did you apply for last opening closed on 03/16/2015?

Comment

• I just got referred Special Officer, GS-1802B-09 position. Anybody in the same boat?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3868 users online. 280 members and 3588 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X