Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not even going to follow through. Seems too unorganized and I've had enough of that with my current agencg

Comment

Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
      Im not even going to follow through. Seems too unorganized and I've had enough of that with my current agencg
      Very wise decision sir.
      Its Showtime! -- "The Icon" -- Sting.

Comment

Originally posted by eastwest2300 View Post
        Very wise decision sir.
        Just got another call from them

Comment

On a Sunday? What did they say?

Comment

Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
            Just got another call from them
            They probably need you to come in and stand post, someone called out.. LOL!

Comment

What are the different units ( if any ) that the Special Officer can go to?
              Thank You
              "The First rule of being strong is protecting the weak"

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                The SO (IMO) is the lowest rung of the USSS...I have been out for a long time but doubt it changed.

SA run the show
                TSD is the best gig
                UD can be either high speed or worst job ever...you need to put in time for something cool
                I'm currently waiting on a class assignment for the UD. Do you guys have any tips/advice on how to encourage it to be high speed?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisroars View Post
                  I'm currently waiting on a class assignment for the UD. Do you guys have any tips/advice on how to encourage it to be high speed?
                  You lost me, "you're waiting on a class assignment for the UD". What does that have to do with this thread?

Comment

You lost me, "you're waiting on a class assignment for the UD". What does that have to do with this thread?
                    So I passed my poly about 3 weeks ago....had my medical today & word on the street is an investigator has called a few family members....so BI started as well.

Question is what else is involved in the process & what do you think my timeline could be with starting if I make it through the rest. Also, I don't belive I passed my color vision test but didn't pass it when I got in the Border Patrol as well, but passed the Farnsworth D15 test. Does USSS except that for SO? I also passed the color vision for PD but it was also a different test.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

You have guys that are in their 50s and 60s that are SOs, you're good.
                      Last edited by eastwest2300; 03-02-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

You have guys at that are in their 50s and 60s that are SOs, you're good.
                        Um thanks for responding but I was looking for more of an answer if you can assist.......thanks

Comment

It seems that no matter the position within USSS, everything is disorganized. I keep hearing mixed things about this position. One thread has the good, one thread has the bad. I'm debating whether to even continue my application.

Comment

Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
                            It seems that no matter the position within USSS, everything is disorganized. I keep hearing mixed things about this position. One thread has the good, one thread has the bad. I'm debating whether to even continue my application.
                            You live in DC, go to HQs and talk to one of them. i'll just say this, there are much MUCH better jobs out there, if you're looking for police work, this isnt it. If you're looking to issue visitor passes, raise & drop vehicle barriers (i.e. ballards), run a x-ray machine, for 8 to 12 hours a day, EVERY day.. this is the job for you.

Good luck!

Comment

You live in DC, go to HQs and talk to one of them. i'll just say this, there are much MUCH better jobs out there, if you're looking for police work, this isnt it. If you're looking to issue visitor passes, raise & drop vehicle barriers (i.e. ballards), run a x-ray machine, for 8 to 12 hours a day, EVERY day.. this is the job for you.

Good luck!

It's not entirely what I want to do ultimately. More traditional or general police work is something I want. And I understand the difference of traditional police work and more so of the Federal police work that leans towards force protection. I've done that before so I know what to expect. I already have accepted an offer with an agency (just waiting for FLETC in May) but I always prepare for the worst with the Federal Government (considering track records) so I like to keep options open.

Comment

Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
                                It's not entirely what I want to do ultimately. More traditional or general police work is something I want. And I understand the difference of traditional police work and more so of the Federal police work that leans towards force protection. I've done that before so I know what to expect. I already have accepted an offer with an agency (just waiting for FLETC in May) but I always prepare for the worst with the Federal Government (considering track records) so I like to keep options open.
                                I hear you on that brother, I just honestly dont wanna see anyone get screwed.. BUT, like I was telling someone else that recently sent me a PM, if after reading this thread, and getting ALL the information about this job from people "in the know", and you STILL wanna do it, well.. once you get on, and you see for yourself, you cant say we didnt tell you what to expect.. and by then, its too late.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5243 users online. 316 members and 4927 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X