Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

truth be told, I'm only 25 right now and working for TSA. i would like to move into the DEA or FBI and I figured anything is better then TSA. I applied to the SA position with the SS, but was told that I did not qualify. I was emailed that I was best qualified for an agent position with the DEA, but I heard their process takes forever. I just finished my masters and I'm just really trying to get out of TSA and onto something better with more of an opportunity to advance. Is the SO position with the SS that or is it just another position like TSA? I'm not trying to dig myself into a deeper hole.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmochase17 View Post
      truth be told, I'm only 25 right now and working for TSA. i would like to move into the DEA or FBI and I figured anything is better then TSA. I applied to the SA position with the SS, but was told that I did not qualify. I was emailed that I was best qualified for an agent position with the DEA, but I heard their process takes forever. I just finished my masters and I'm just really trying to get out of TSA and onto something better with more of an opportunity to advance. Is the SO position with the SS that or is it just another position like TSA? I'm not trying to dig myself into a deeper hole.
      Dude, I dont wanna see anyone get screwed, if you want to advance, the only advance you'll get, is to the next post (there's a rotation), this isn't it. You CAN do other things in the uniform division, ie. K-9, counter sniper, magnetometers, etc.. AND you'll get to travel, SOs use to travel, but they don't anymore. They stopped it a couple years ago. You'll be working with mostly (not all, but the majority) old timers riding out their time.

If you hate the TSA, I'm sorry to tell you this, once you get on as a SO, you're gonna wish you would have stayed. I'll say this, and I mean this with ALL honesty here, its hard getting IN TO the usss (and thats any job even as a SO) and it literally could be HARDER getting OUT as a SO..
      Its Showtime! -- "The Icon" -- Sting.

Comment

There's other jobs out there, and again, Im just being honest here, this job should be, as a last resort, Im desperate type of deal.. There's other jobs out there, just keep looking, I have a buddy thats with CBP, he's an agent and loves it.. He's out in AZ.

Comment

did you used to be an SO? It seems like going from TSA to SS would be a good jump, but you're making it seem like SO is way worse then TSA and I'm not sure how that's possible. TSA is hated more then the IRS!

Comment

Sending you a PM.

Comment

double post... sorry.

Comment

I can't send you a PM (private message) because you don't have the feature turned on, go to the upper right corner of your screen, click on your profile name, and a drop down tab will open up, click on settings, scroll down, left side of the srean.. click on general settings and turn on your private messaging.

Comment

I turned it on.

Comment

PM sent....

Comment

Im good to go with standing or sitting post at GL 9 pay lol. Heck at my agency you have to compete for your 8 and deal with a whole lot of bs.

Comment

Originally posted by CAAT0331 View Post
                        Im good to go with standing or sitting post at GL 9 pay lol. Heck at my agency you have to compete for your 8 and deal with a whole lot of bs.
                        all right, best of luck, when you get there.. have fun. You'll be all set, you'll be ready for the BS.

Comment

Originally posted by eastwest2300 View Post
                          all right, best of luck, when you get there.. have fun. You'll be all set, you'll be ready for the BS.
                          Thanks bud.

Comment

Originally posted by CAAT0331 View Post
                            BoP?

Comment

I was called for an interview. I waited 30 minutes past the scheduled time with no phone call. Later that night i got called asking me to call the deputy special officer.

Comment

Did HR send you any information for the background investigation yet? That's what I'm waiting on, I was told by an agent that I would be receiving it, but that was last Thursday. I'm hoping I hear something back by Monday.
                                Last edited by gizmochase17; 12-21-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5218 users online. 312 members and 4906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X