• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some times the grass is greener in a crappier pasture

Comment

Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
      some times the grass is greener in a crappier pasture
      After being in DC for a while....no way in the world would I work fro US Cap or USSS-UD. They might get great training and all that....but standing out in 20 degree weather getting snowed on...isn't my cup of tea.

Comment

You'd rather go from post A,B,C,D,E, & F all day counting windows because you're bored to death, 8 to 12 hours a day, working EVERY weekend and ALL holidays, you have NO say in that, passing out visitor badges, and watching Agents ID cards while they go work out? And you're lucky if you get a 20 minute lunch break. By ALL means, have at it.

At least you're not getting snowed on, in "greener" grass.
        Last edited by eastwest2300; 05-10-2014, 07:55 PM.
        Its Showtime! -- "The Icon" -- Sting.

Comment

I received my conditional offer for the recent DC SO slot and turned in my clearance paperwork to start that whole process. That was back in May and I haven't heard a peep as far as scheduling the poly or BI...
          Nothing

Anybody else in the same boat?

Comment

King99
            interview June 11th and Polygraph June 30th I was told I was successful and should hear something within a month? Currently awaiting BI

Originally posted by king999 View Post
            I received my conditional offer for the recent DC SO slot and turned in my clearance paperwork to start that whole process. That was back in May and I haven't heard a peep as far as scheduling the poly or BI...
            Nothing

Anybody else in the same boat?

Comment

The SO (IMO) is the lowest rung of the USSS...I have been out for a long time but doubt it changed.

SA run the show
              TSD is the best gig
              UD can be either high speed or worst job ever...you need to put in time for something cool

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                The SO (IMO) is the lowest rung of the USSS...I have been out for a long time but doubt it changed.

SA run the show
                TSD is the best gig
                UD can be either high speed or worst job ever...you need to put in time for something cool
                I tried telling them that.. let them experience the train wreck for themselves, can't say we didn't warn ya.. Good luck
                Last edited by eastwest2300; 07-17-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

This thread reminds me of when I was in the NYPD academy 26 years ago. Two Secret Service agents were giving a lecture on their duties to a couple of hundred of us recruits. Many recruits were very interested in the secret service and were asking lots of questions on how to become one. To our surprise the agents advised us not to pursue a career in the secret service. They cited a few reasons that I don't recall but the one that stands out in my mind was the pay. At one point one one of the agents held up his hand to stop the questions and said 'NO NO NO! DO NOT QUIT THE NYPD FOR THIS JOB!". Most of the recruits found it very unusual that two active duty agents would stand on an auditorium stage and do that. These guys were clearly unhappy with their jobs and were not at all worried that what they said would get back to their bosses. The guys using the NYPD as a stepping stone to FED L/E were very disappointed. So when I see this thread and guys using the word "trainwreck" I think WTF could be so bad? No offense meant to any Secret Service guys but it was strange

Comment

What is TSD?

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post

SA run the show
                    TSD is the best gig

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                      This thread reminds me of when I was in the NYPD academy 26 years ago. Two Secret Service agents were giving a lecture on their duties to a couple of hundred of us recruits. Many recruits were very interested in the secret service and were asking lots of questions on how to become one. To our surprise the agents advised us not to pursue a career in the secret service. They cited a few reasons that I don't recall but the one that stands out in my mind was the pay. At one point one one of the agents held up his hand to stop the questions and said 'NO NO NO! DO NOT QUIT THE NYPD FOR THIS JOB!". Most of the recruits found it very unusual that two active duty agents would stand on an auditorium stage and do that. These guys were clearly unhappy with their jobs and were not at all worried that what they said would get back to their bosses. The guys using the NYPD as a stepping stone to FED L/E were very disappointed. So when I see this thread and guys using the word "trainwreck" I think WTF could be so bad? No offense meant to any Secret Service guys but it was strange
                      Well "some people" know from personal exeprience.. (I'll just leave it at that)

Comment

Originally posted by muleyman0123 View Post
                        What is TSD?
                        Those are your computer/electronic/audio & visual guys & gals.

Comment

Received an email today to schedule and interview for USSS Special Police. Anyone have any input? Information?

Comment

Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                            Received an email today to schedule and interview for USSS Special Police. Anyone have any input? Information?
                            There's no such thing as USSS "special police"

Special Officer... yes.

Special Police... no

There is USSS Uniform Division which is the Police section of the Secret Service..

Comment

Originally posted by eastwest2300 View Post
                              There's no such thing as USSS "special police"

Special Officer... yes.

Special Police... no

There is USSS Uniform Division which is the Police section of the Secret Service..
                              Sorry, it is for the USSS Special Officer.

Comment

Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                                Sorry, it is for the USSS Special Officer.
                                Its all good dude sending you a PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4557 users online. 286 members and 4271 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X