300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletc citp - 2014

I've seen several threads about FLETC but they were all quite outdated so I started this one. Anyone going to the FLETC for CITP this year? Anyone there right now or who completed in the past year who could share some knowledge that's not readily available on the FLETC website? What are the accommodations like, what's a day to day like? Share anything you think may be valuable to incoming trainees. Thanks!

Thank you for the insight..
    Its Showtime! -- "The Icon" -- Sting.

Comment

Can we have a bike to use around the campus instead? Since during the day I assume we're not allowed to drive our cars?
      Last edited by jgrey; 04-20-2014, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
        Trust me when I say, things have not changed in the years. The base is a closed base, no cars for basic attendees to drive around during day time, accommodations are not like that of the army, but they are not awesome either. Food will make you loose weight, even if you don't want/need to. Your off time is yours , but most study, workout take day trips to savanna or Jacksonville. Day to day operations I would say is like the army boot camp meets college. You don't have lots of time to smoke, during day, it's get to class and then the next class. A lot of it has to do with what agency your there for also.
        Thanks a lot! Good info, much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by jgrey View Post
          Can we have a bike to use around the campus instead? Since during the day I assume we're not allowed to drive our cars?
          Yes you can have a bike- matter of fact the place is littered with discarded bikes from classes long past, but this does not mean you can just take one. I would wait until you get there and either look for any in the “free” pile or go down to WalMart and buy a beater.

In reality you don’t “need” a car save for the weekends- but chances are you will find someone who has one and you can pool it. There is a shuttle that runs you from housing to chow and chow to class.
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by jgrey View Post
            I've seen several threads about FLETC but they were all quite outdated so I started this one. Anyone going to the FLETC for CITP this year? Anyone there right now or who completed in the past year who could share some knowledge that's not readily available on the FLETC website? What are the accommodations like, what's a day to day like? Share anything you think may be valuable to incoming trainees. Thanks!
            As already noted- little changes at FLETC.

Really, nothing has changed. If you search the Forum you will find an in-depth post I put up that remains accurate to the day. I was there recently for an advanced course and trust me- it’s the same.

I will offer up a few “tips” though-

Hold off buying a ton of stuff like laundry detergent, coffee makers and the like as there is often a “take me” pile from departing classes. Check the laundry rooms and main foyers.

Depending on where they lodge you it is either a short walk to chow & class or you can take the shuttle.

Go to town for sundries- the Express is still overpriced.

Pick up your stuff or housekeeping will skip your room.

You are not yet a (fill in the blank) so don’t act like one. Be a student and a good one at that.

Maintain low cone, don’t spend all of your time at the G Bar, resist the urge to buy a raid jacket at Sally’s- wait until you graduate, the basic program is not the place to wow everyone with your command skills, don’t make fun of BOP/TSA, the weekends are typically yours but you need to both study and be back on time.
            Originally posted by SSD
            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.

Comment

I was there last year as an instructor and the place was pretty empty - no more long lines at the chow hall (out the doors and down the steps).

Pretty sure you can rent a bike cheap. Advertising signs about them are/were posted all over the dorms.

My pet peeve was making fun of other agencies. I chewed out a couple of asses over that. Sgt Jon is right, you ain't an agent till you graduate, be modest.
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

The racks at the Taj were filled with rusty hunks that part “borrowers” had scavenged.

Again, you will find a wealth of information in the Forms. Once you have taken a read, if you still have questions, by all means- ask.

A few other “tips” if you will-

Be nice to the FLETC Security- they can hem you up.

Don’t use the towels to polish your boots.

Don’t mess with the AC thermostat in your room- they will fine you and your agency will hear about it.

News travels back to HQ fast- good and bad.

You never know who you will run into- from Directors/SES’s to SAC’s. Keep yourself together.

Just because you are with (fill in the blank) does not mean you are better than someone from (fill in the blank).

For agency specific questions- if they have not already identified a class coordinator- they will. Ask them as agency specific changes do happen.
                Originally posted by SSD

Comment

Sgt Jon, I wish I could tell you "thank you" at least a million times, your insight on this for me personally, is dully noted. Trust me, I am heeding your words. Thank you so much man.

Comment

Something no one has mentioned, and it doesn't really have to do with FLETC per se, but DONOT when your off base go opening your mouth to locals and police. They don't care that your at FLETC! They have heard it, been there, done that. Off base trouble will get you kicked out fast. If you get sick or injured, there is a base infirmary
                    If you open a big mouth, NOBODY will be impressed that you're a FLETC student. Your agency will catch wind of it and you'll be sent home.

Comment

Something no one has mentioned, and it doesn't really have to do with FLETC per se, but DONOT when your off base go opening your mouth to locals and police. They don't care that your at FLETC! They have heard it, been there, done that. Off base trouble will get you kicked out fast. If you get sick or injured, there is a base infirmary
                      X10000 this!

While it isn’t that common an occurrence-, it does happen in every few classes- someone will run afoul of the locals and off they go.

Out in town you never know who you may run into (or be seen by)- from instructors/cadre staff to role players. And remember- you are in the presence of senior folks from just about every agency, even at the G Bar. Behave.
                      Originally posted by SSD

Comment

Too damn easy.

Comment

I just looked at Sally's cop shop on the website and it is awesome, but they don't have USSS appeal ???

Comment

Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                            I just looked at Sally's cop shop on the website and it is awesome, but they don't have USSS appeal ???
                            They are not allowed to sell USSS items.

Comment

Also some other things I remember...

Don't be that guy/gal getting bombed on St Simons...don't go into the Red Carpet Lounge...don't hang your new handcuffs to mirror of POV...don'e get hammered at pool and act like a fool...basically don't draw attention to yourself

FLETC is college with a purpose and weapons training...your work hard to get there...don't F it up

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5392 users online. 300 members and 5092 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X