300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHS Federal Protective Service (NPPD) 1811's

Anyone on here know anything about the FPS 1811 jobs? I've been referred for a position with them and wanted to know a little about the typical casework, agency specific training (minus CITP), equipment, take-home G-rides?? Any insight somebody could give me would be helpful. Thanks!

Just from the select few I've talked to…can't get journeyman 13's because cases aren't considered complex enough, lot of cases similar to what a local detective would get, thefts, assaults, etc., mixed in with internal affairs type work, bosses too focused on force protection issues.

It's been a couple years, not sure if they ever got their 13's. These guys were quite disgruntled, one even was thinking about going back to being a local. Who knows, others may love it. Just sharing what I was told.

Comment

If that's true then the announcement they put out is about 50% FICTION. The promotion potential does say GS-12 but they seem to be selling a more "glamorous" job than it really is AND the evaluation of qualifications for each grade is a little excessive. No disrespect but I hope what you heard was WRONG.

Comment

Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
        Anyone on here know anything about the FPS 1811 jobs? I've been referred for a position with them and wanted to know a little about the typical casework, agency specific training (minus CITP), equipment, take-home G-rides?? Any insight somebody could give me would be helpful. Thanks!
        This is one of those posts I should tag as “didn’t you look into the job before you applied” category.

That said- the primary focus is on crimes occurring within the prevue of FPS but beyond the scope of the Inspectors (LESO’s). Then you have liaison, coordination, working with FSC’s on FSL’s, some COTR oversight is possible as is work with the locals on gap coverage. Training beyond/in-addition to CITP will be the local “field training”, the “080 school”, and there is good chance you will go through COTR/COR training.

Why not reach out to the local/regional DHS office and talk with one or more agents/inspectors. It is they who can provide the most accurate snapshot as to what they do/may do.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

According to this recent announcement, promotion potential is GS-13.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/361521200
          "The story of America's quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots." ~ Randy Vader

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
            This is one of those posts I should tag as “didn’t you look into the job before you applied” category.
            Funny! There aren't a ton of these guys roaming around to ask questions from and information online is sketchy at best. SO in response to your statement: YES I did look into this job as best as I could but there's only so much info available and most of it is from the FPS recruiters themselves. I want the "real" picture from people who are in the know rather than somebody who is only going to try and sell me. Otherwise taking a job like this could turn out to be a waste of time for me and for FPS.

Comment

Special Agents are journeyman GS13, take home vehicles, and work mostly threat cases in addition to any crimes committed on federal property or against federal property or people on the property or federal employees. This is the short answer, but they have the same duties as any other Special Agent except their job is directed towards supporting a big part of our mission of assessing the security of federal facilities.
              God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Hey all I am a federal cop in DC and an Fletc certified. I know that FPS has only been hiring vets and vets only. Does anyone know if FPS will be hiring non vets anytime soon? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello fps 1588, are you assigned to region 4? I selected that region and I was trying to inquire about it. Thanks!
                  Last edited by Dcpopo83; 10-02-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Anyone get referred for the recent Grande Prairie Texas posting? Looking to see who else may be in the running and if there has been any contact from FPS after referral. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bcmking3 View Post
                      Anyone get referred for the recent Grande Prairie Texas posting? Looking to see who else may be in the running and if there has been any contact from FPS after referral. Thanks!
                      I was referred; however, I haven't heard anything. I applied under VEOA; Mert; US Citizens. I am a 10 point veteran and current 6C covered Fed LEO.

Comment

Originally posted by jtothawhat View Post
                        I was referred; however, I haven't heard anything. I applied under VEOA; Mert; US Citizens. I am a 10 point veteran and current 6C covered Fed LEO.
                        I applied and was referred for VEOA, and US Citizens, I am current Local LEO w/ Det. Experience (10+ years) and 10 Pt. VET. Thanks for the reply. Good luck!

Comment

I applied for Grand Prairie and was referred; have not heard anything since.

Comment

Anyone put in for the announcement that closed back in November for Chicago and cleveland?

Comment

Squid,
                              I applied to the CHI and CLE Nov announcement....they have been radio silent since closing. Anything on your end?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7175 users online. 209 members and 6966 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X