300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent 1811 IG Department of Treasury (TIGTA) opening

Anyone put in for this recent announcement? I have an IRS CID buddy who told me he works with these guys. Said its a decent gig but was pretty vague on the specifics of what they actually do. He said they are essentially internal affairs for the department of the treasury. Anyone know any more than this?

Your buddy is basically on point. Along with the "fraud, waste, and abuse" mission IG's have, they do a lot of assault on IRS facilities and employees as they certainly get their fair share of ****ed off customers

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Anyone know what skill sets they are looking for. Prior leo, vets, irs employees etc...?

Thanks,
        Last edited by TopGun87; 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM.
        The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

Prior federal investigative experience is definitely a plus. I don't think vet preference makes a big difference, it's more of "who you know."

The guys working the job are generally satisfied with it. Lots of investigations of IRS employees looking at stuff they shouldn't be looking at, not making nice with one another, etc. I do remember being told by one of their agents that their investigations are under strict time constraints, especially administrative investigations.
          They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
            Prior federal investigative experience is definitely a plus. I don't think vet preference makes a big difference, it's more of "who you know."

The guys working the job are generally satisfied with it. Lots of investigations of IRS employees looking at stuff they shouldn't be looking at, not making nice with one another, etc. I do remember being told by one of their agents that their investigations are under strict time constraints, especially administrative investigations.
            Vet preference won't matter with this announcement because it was for status candidates only

Comment

Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
              Vet preference won't matter with this announcement because it was for status candidates only
              I think vets can apply for status jobs.

TIGTA, IRS-CID and Treasury IG use my agency's range.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Yes, I applied under vet status

Comment

There were two different announcements

Comment

Originally posted by BMoney View Post
                    Yes, I applied under vet status
                    What I meant is vets can apply, however with status announcements they do not get preference.

Comment

I put in for it, but am starting to think I may be a little underqualified... Anybody heard anything since they applied?

Comment

I applied. My USA Jobs status changed yesterday to "applications being reviewed". It just closed so wouldn't expect to hear soon. Good thing is that these IG 1811's move much quicker than mass vacancies. Once referred they have to make selections within 90 days I've heard. Plus these are the guys at the forefront of the targeting scandal which is why I imagine they got funding for these spots. I've worked a case with a TIGTA agent last year, they are a good agency, very smart people.

Comment

I'll ask my contact when these spots are*scheduled for FLETC and will post it

Comment

I was told they are looking to hire under this announcement within 3-6 months, FLETC this fiscal year.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeEsq42 View Post
                              I was told they are looking to hire under this announcement within 3-6 months, FLETC this fiscal year.
                              Thank you, any word how many bodies each field office will get? I dont want to get my hopes up.
                              CBPO
                              Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                              TO: 2/2011
                              Medical: 3/22/2011
                              PT Test: 3/22/2011
                              VBT: 3/2011
                              Background: 3/2011
                              Drug Test: 4/2011
                              Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                              PT Test 2: TBD
                              FLETC: Good Question lol
                              CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                              Info Session 9/2009
                              Interview 3/2010
                              COE 5/2010
                              Medical 5/2010
                              Fit/Background 7/2010
                              All clear as of 11/2010
                              FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10159 users online. 374 members and 9785 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X