Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLEO1285
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve transferred on more than one occasion.

• COPO85
    replied
    Any officers transfer to a different district? If so, I'd like to DM a few questions.

Leave a comment:

• DarlingNikki
    commented on 's reply
    hey winter patriot! do you mind if I PM you? I have an interview coming up in my district and was hoping to ask you a question

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    I was looking at some of our service guides. We do use T4C apparently.

• Winter_Patriot
    replied
    There are two new US Probation Officer and Technician postings near me if anyone's interested. I can't ethically give any insider tips on the process, but I can tell you about that particular district. Send me a private message and I'll send you the link.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    You can hear back in a few days or a few months. The Chief in my district called me a couple days after I submitted my application and I had a tentative offer three weeks later. There were districts that didn't acknowledge my application at all for four months, and then they suddenly were offering written testing and interviews. Many districts will never even confirm that they received your application.
    Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 02-20-2021, 07:57 PM.

• griffinlocke
    replied
    Are US Probation offices relatively quick in getting back to you after submitted an app? Or do they even get back to you at all if they’re not interested?

Leave a comment:

• mattydub
    replied
    Anyone have information on the Louisville, KY office?

Leave a comment:

• LadyKiller
    commented on 's reply
    WOW! That goes to show you how widely different districts are. The district I hired in with liked ex-cops, half the office is ex-cops.

• LadyKiller
    commented on 's reply
    They don't pay the same. Pay varies widely from district to district, and from person to person depending on qualifications. Most districts don't have a set salary schedule like the competitive service. Everything is based on your performance review and what the Chief wants to give you. I hired in with 3 other people, we all were brought in at different grades/steps. Some districts only give a few step increases each year, others you get default steps, performance steps, and performance bonuses on top of everything else. Some people that are hired in on the same date are brought in making thousands more than their co-workers being sworn in at the same time. The AO has tried to rein this in to some extent, but it's still pretty wild.
    Last edited by LadyKiller; 02-17-2021, 06:13 PM.

• COPO85
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah. Feds don't seem to use MRT. My district doesn't.

• 85rx-7gsl-se
    replied
    Good morning all. It has been quite some time since I visited this thread, but I am happy to see a ton of additional info has been added over the years. Since District-specific seems to still be the name of the game, does anyone have any insight on how the Western District of TN operates these days? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't been to the academy yet, but I don't think federal probation uses T4C or MRT. My district doesn't appear to use it anyway. At the state level I ran into MRT, it was built into some of our sentences. My district uses MI though, which seems to incorporate T4C concepts.

• mattydub
    replied
    I would definitely agree having knowledge and use of EBP will help a ton! EPICS and MI are widely used and the direction probation is heading. Federal uses STARR, but the usage of EBP varies widely by district. Does anyone know if MRT or T4C is pretty common in most districts?

Leave a comment:

• griffinlocke
    commented on 's reply
    Winter_Patriot , thanks for the info! Yea I learned A LOT about evidence based practices in grad school. The only districts with vacancies are cities half way across the US that I know nothing about, so I’m gonna have to either wait until there is more here in FL or shoot my shot out somewhere random.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5246 users online. 324 members and 4922 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X