X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJturnedDC
    replied
    Hello All,
    I have been researching these positions for a couple of weeks now and I seen these are "at will" positions which makes me nervous. Can anyone tell me if this is something that is enforced or if you are coming from another position that is permanent you remain permanent?

Leave a comment:

• NJturnedDC
    replied
    Do certain districts make exceptions and accept police work as experience?

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Originally posted by satxparoleofcr View Post
    I don't know about other districts but I can say that it's been between 50-70 for me.
    About 50 give or take with some guys on pre-trial supervision

I actually had an easier time at the state level. I'm busier than hell at this job but I still like it a lot more.

Leave a comment:

• satxparoleofcr
    replied
    I don't know about other districts but I can say that it's been between 50-70 for me.
    Last edited by satxparoleofcr; 01-02-2014, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NJturnedDC
    replied
    Hello all I been following this forum and Can anyone tell me whats the average case load for a USPO. I know case loads are outrageous for local PO's.

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Originally posted by ne.fitness View Post
    I saw this job pop on the radar and recently threw my hat in the ring as well... Kind of like the fact that you have to put more effort to apply for this position by sending paperwork in to the district offices. For those who currently work for USPO... is this the type of gov job where you apply and just forget that you applied for it OR are they quick with processing applications?
    It's a lot quicker than most federal hiring processes. From application date to hire you can expect roughly 5-6 months.

Leave a comment:

• ne.fitness
    replied
    I saw this job pop on the radar and recently threw my hat in the ring as well... Kind of like the fact that you have to put more effort to apply for this position by sending paperwork in to the district offices. For those who currently work for USPO... is this the type of gov job where you apply and just forget that you applied for it OR are they quick with processing applications?

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    Current USPO. You can PM me specific questions as well.

Leave a comment:

• Albert Wesker
    replied
    So it would be a good way to gain experience if you are lacking in that area for the future position of USPO?

I recently applied to an opening in Tucson. I'm sure it is a huge change from border patrol, but I would love to do it, especially since everyone who sits it seems to love their job.

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Some people get hired for US Probation/Pretrial Services Assistant with no pior corrections/probation experience, but most have some type of experience in the field. It's a good job because your almost guarenteed to get promoted within a year or two. I'd even say it's a promotion from most county/state PO jobs because of the pay raise schedule and resources available at the Federal level.

Leave a comment:

• Albert Wesker
    replied
    What kind of experience is needed for the pre trial services assistant?

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    Originally posted by Firstlast View Post
    The local office here is always advertising for an intern, in fact they are right now. May be a foot in the door.
    That's exactly how my cousin got hired - interned during college then worked in district court probation after college for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Current USPO here. Most districts also look for people with advanced degrees. Hard to get in but awesome job once you're there.

Leave a comment:

• Firstlast
    replied
    The local office here is always advertising for an intern, in fact they are right now. May be a foot in the door.

Leave a comment:

• satxparoleofcr
    replied
    Originally posted by HoldtheRope76 View Post
    i'm curious about the federal level PO as well mainly schedule (if there is any) im 26 with four years local LE and graduated in CJ with a 3.6. i'm getting on with the state P&P and looking at federal down the line. the state p&p is mon-fri with every weekend and holidays off. would federal be the same schedule or would each district be different?
    I sent you a PM

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5638 users online. 347 members and 5291 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X