Clear All

• Odaat1
    replied
    Congrats! Jdg0044. Very exciting news.

Leave a comment:

• Odaat1
    replied
    Originally posted by jdg0044 View Post
    I've been offered a job as a USPO and am both excited and nervous about the opportunity. It seems like the current USPO's in this thread are satisfied with the job, which is encouraging.

Leave a comment:

• jdg0044
    replied
    I've been offered a job as a USPO and am both excited and nervous about the opportunity. It seems like the current USPO's in this thread are satisfied with the job, which is encouraging.

Leave a comment:

• Odaat1
    replied
    Did anyone apply to the recent USPO openings in the east coast?

Leave a comment:

• AKtransplant
    replied
    I applied to the flagstaff location for USPO, does anybody have any information on caseload, morale etc of that AO? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DaBulls
    replied
    I too shot you a PM. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dsb05c
    replied
    Done. Sorry about that.

Leave a comment:

• NJturnedDC
    replied
    Hey dsb05c can you turn on your pm, I want to shoot you a message

Leave a comment:

• Nola504
    replied
    Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you apply to?
    Each district is different so it is hard to say. It took a little over a week to get my offer when I got hired. It took three months total from my application to start date.

Leave a comment:

• POIN21
    replied
    Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
    I sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• DaBulls
    replied
    Originally posted by POIN21 View Post
    I just wanted to get some insight on the hiring process. My first step was a writing sample and a test for spelling and grammar. After that I had an interview with 5 supervisors and the Deputy Chief. After I completed that interview they had me wait around and then I went to meet with the Chief. I know nothing in the Fed happens fast but its been 4 weeks and I'm getting a little antsy. Can someone offer some insight on how the decisions are made? I figured it would be fairly quick since each office does their own hiring.

Leave a comment:

• POIN21
    replied
    I just wanted to get some insight on the hiring process. My first step was a writing sample and a test for spelling and grammar. After that I had an interview with 5 supervisors and the Deputy Chief. After I completed that interview they had me wait around and then I went to meet with the Chief. I know nothing in the Fed happens fast but its been 4 weeks and I'm getting a little antsy. Can someone offer some insight on how the decisions are made? I figured it would be fairly quick since each office does their own hiring.

Leave a comment:

• LinasK
    replied
    Thanks,
    I will start brushing up on my grammar

Originally posted by GA12 View Post
    Each district is free to have any type of hiring process that they choose. However, I would expect a test where writing skills/grammar is stressed followed by a panel interview of 4+ supervisors. If you get a second interview it would likely be with Deputy Chief and Chief USPO's.

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Originally posted by LinasK View Post
    hello,
    I am a Sergeant in State corrections and i have double Masters in Criminal Justice and Public Administration. I just received an invite for interview for Southern District of Iowa for Probation officer position. Anybody could give me some details about test or interview? Thanks
    Each district is free to have any type of hiring process that they choose. However, I would expect a test where writing skills/grammar is stressed followed by a panel interview of 4+ supervisors. If you get a second interview it would likely be with Deputy Chief and Chief USPO's.

Leave a comment:

• DaBulls
    replied
    Lol, I remember the smirf suits. When I went through FLETC for ICE (Glynco, not Charleston), we wore the smirf suits for the Spanish training program which was right after our police basic program. We wore 511's and blue polos in the basic program. I remember it being so humid, that the heavy polos would just stick to us. We PT'ed a bunch and all lost weight. However, when we got to Spanish and the PT was over with, the smirf suits became "smediums" when our fat rolls reappeared. Good times. I'm hoping I get selected by US Probation/Pretrial Services so I can go back and do it again. However, charleston will be much better than Glynco.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3477 users online. 258 members and 3219 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X