Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Double Post)

Comment

• My advice is don't work in the Southern District of California. Heavy caseloads, supervisors are micromanaging, and lots of self-demotions. If you're looking for law enforcement work, this is not the best place. PO's are limited to what they can do, and they are no lateral opportunities such as task force work and joint training. If you promote, you will do more of the same but slightly more difficult cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATanaka View Post
        My advice is don't work in the Southern District of California. Heavy caseloads, supervisors are micromanaging, and lots of self-demotions. If you're looking for law enforcement work, this is not the best place. PO's are limited to what they can do, and they are no lateral opportunities such as task force work and joint training. If you promote, you will do more of the same but slightly more difficult cases.
        That sucks, sorry to hear that. I've previously met a few SD/CA officers and they all complained of high turn-over and big caseloads. I think last I checked, of the 3 officers I knew there, 2 have moved on elsewhere. Also sucks because my district has done joint training with other agencies. State/local folks, USMS, etc. I guess mileage varies on this front too.

Comment

• Hi all. I’ve searched high and low and cannot find much regarding medical disqualifications based on a mental illness. I know they want a letter from your doctor but if you have been stable on your meds, is it truly a disqualifying factor? Anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12177 users online. 496 members and 11681 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X