Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brownj21
    replied
    One last bump for this..got about another week left open for resumes.

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
    Openings in the Southeast right now.
    PM me for basic info.
    Still open for applications (until the end of the month).

Leave a comment:

• jdg0044
    replied
    I start next week! Thanks for the help guys.

Leave a comment:

• DaBulls
    replied
    Brown, I sent you a PM

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    Openings in the Southeast right now.
    PM me for basic info.

Leave a comment:

• gamble103
    replied
    I applied for a probation position in the southern district of Florida back in March/14. I never heard anything back from them. Did anyone else hear or not hear anything about the status of the position. Please if anyone has info please share!

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    There are some openings coming in the south soon. If anyone wants details, PM me.

Leave a comment:

• Wall_Street
    replied
    I recently applied to the Tucson, AZ vacancy. I'm not too hopeful as I have applied to a previous Phoenix vacancy and was not selected. I have a Master's Degree and 4 plus years of federal government experience (non-LEO). I know most districts like to see previous probation, LEO, or social work type experience but I've known a few people that got in with my similar situation. Anybody know much about the AZ district and what they like to see? How is it working in this district? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Originally posted by jdg0044 View Post
    About how long did it take you guys from the time you finished up your medical exam until you actually started the job?
    The docs have one month to review your file and either approve you for duty or send it back requesting more information. Some people have medical history or current Rx's that need to be explained and require a letter from a doctor. This can delay the process considerably.

It took me roughly 2 months from time of medical to my first day.

Leave a comment:

• dsb05c
    replied
    Took me about 5 months. But I had not one but two issues that had to get cleared up. It would have originally been 1 mont.

Leave a comment:

• jdg0044
    replied
    About how long did it take you guys from the time you finished up your medical exam until you actually started the job?

Leave a comment:

• dsb05c
    replied
    I am supervision

Leave a comment:

• Nola504
    replied
    Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
    Yes we are. We just had a wave of retirements last year that they sorta will backfill. This year some regular retirements that will get backfilled immediately. About to be 4 senior officer positions. If those are filled locally, they will get backfilled. Also hearing we were suppose to bring on a PSR transfer who backed out. So there is an immediate need for a PSR person in Tampa.
    Oh man, I think that person that was supposed to transfer to your district came from my district. haha Are you PSR or supervision?

Leave a comment:

• Nola504
    replied
    Oh man, I think that person that was supposed to transfer to your district came from my district. haha Are you PSR or supervision?

Leave a comment:

• PSOSAC
    replied
    Originally posted by holycrikey View Post
    I'll add as a caveat from my district... We are allowed to be issued a firearm prior to FLETC basic training. We go through the same training and qualification course with our in-house instructors over the course of a week. They seem to prefer not to do this with officers that have little or no firearms experience, but with officers who have been previously firearm-certified/qualified in other jobs, they are more comfortable.

Same here..

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7610 users online. 413 members and 7197 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X