Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an interview on Wednesday for USPO. I have been a frequent reader of this thread. All great information, thank you to all for sharing. I have also reached out to some of you all via PM to get some more information, and advice. That also was a great resource. I got set in the right direction with different things to study up on and be familiar with (EBP, report writing, etc.). With that being said. Any last minute advice, tips, suggestions?

Comment

• Anyone have information on Northern California District?

Comment

• Sorry to bother but can anyone PM please. I had my first interview and was hoping for some insight. thank you all

Comment

• Been a while since I've posted. Applied to a few districts got some traction, significant traction with local 3 letter fed agencies with 1811 spots.

Any current USPO's on here "KIND ENOUGH" to share the culture of what people can expect based upon current experience, or maybe you can contact someone there to share here. Looking for NDIL and NDIN only (northern Illinois and northern Indiana only)

Anything would be appreciated or a PM... This thread is helpful to many, please don't be nasty... All my questions practically have been answered but wanted district specific info for the following, as you don't ask these typically in interviews:

Carry policies/culture in AND outside of the office? Is the concealment in/outside of the office THAT big of a deal? Has open carrying while on duty resulted in PUNITIVE actions in any districts or Illinois or Indiana?
          Government vehicle usage/availability for fieldwork? Take home?
          Flextime/Comp time policies? 4 - 10-hour shifts? Overnight shift flexibility?
          Fieldwork conducted with partners or solo?
          Paper dockets? Or is everything paperless on this PACTS system (non fed, don't know what you guys use)
          Telework policies?
          Field/Safety Training?
          Are you sworn in/issued commission book and badge upon hire? After fletc? After initial training?
          Business attire/Business casual/casual for daily office (non court appearance) work.
          Culture of USPO's in these districts? Family like? Everyone to themselves?
          Performance of searches/seizures for these two districts?

GENERAL QUESTION - Anyone know how many times the academy is offered at FLETC yearly, or at least in 2018?

Comment

• Drummergirl
            Drummergirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello, if you received any messages about this could you share? I have many of the same questions. Thanks.

• brownj21
            brownj21 commented
            Editing a comment
            VidaG did you receive my PM on this?

• Delete delete N/A
          Last edited by mose904; 06-27-2018, 09:31 AM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• Hi anyone have any information on the New Jersey district?

Comment

• Greetings everyone, I just had a question regarding the maximum age. I know 37 is the max age, which is waiverable if the applicant has prior Fed Leo experience, but is the max age waiverable for veterans? Currently, I am a Federal Agent with the US Army Criminal Investigation Command; however, I’m not in an 1811 status as I’m active duty. I’m 37 and I know I can use veteran status to waive age requirements for 1811, but is that an option for USPO, or am I just out of luck? Thanks for any info.

Comment

• Rmodel1965
                Rmodel1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                yes you can get a waiver for probation jobs

• Hi everyone, been a while since i been on here. I know this question may have been answered and all districts vary but I was given a provisional offer of employment. I now need to pass medical, drug screening and preliminary background. Can anyone shed some light and detail on these stages? Specifically medical and the exams I will be taking thanks everyone.

This is for Northern California district

Comment

• teamhoyt
                teamhoyt commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats! With the always present preface of differences between districts, I'll share that it was one day shy of three months from the day I received my conditional offer of employment until I started. The offer, initial background, drug test, and physical were all accomplished within two weeks of the offer. The clearing of the physical took the remainder of the time - and I have no history/current physical conditions that may have further slowed the process down. OPM was just backlogged... It was a tough wait with having told my old employer of a tentative new position I'd be leaving for and relocating over an hour away.

Good luck to you!

• Originally posted by aponce14 View Post
              Hi everyone, been a while since i been on here. I know this question may have been answered and all districts vary but I was given a provisional offer of employment. I now need to pass medical, drug screening and preliminary background. Can anyone shed some light and detail on these stages? Specifically medical and the exams I will be taking thanks everyone.

This is for Northern California district
              As you stated, every district does things differently.
              However, it is my understanding that MOST districts do a BASIC physical. Nothing too intrusive.
              www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Originally posted by brownj21 View Post

As you stated, every district does things differently.
                However, it is my understanding that MOST districts do a BASIC physical. Nothing too intrusive.
                It's not a basic physical. A bit more extensive. And although each district's hiring process can be different, the medical exam is an AO requirement and is standardized. Everyone does the same thing and has the same requirements for duty.

That being said, they will do the basic physical exam (height/weight/blood pressure). They'll review your entire medical history, will go over any surgeries you had, any significant diagnoses in the past, will go over basic family history of illness. They'll check for obvious medical disqualifiers (untreated hernias, major abnormalities, etc). They'll do a full blood panel so you'll need to do fasting night before. You'll pee in a cup and they'll check urine. They'll also do a resting EKG. They'll also test your hearing and vision (including color blindness, depth perception, etc).

It used to take up an entire day, and some districts still do it like that. Others will farm out a portion of the medical background here and a portion there over several days.

Final medical docs get sent off nationally and reviewed by a physician. They then forward results back to your chief for final approval or if they need to re-test or address any medical issues.

As a word to the wise, just because you have some medical issue that puts a halt to the hiring process, it doesn't mean they'll dump you entirely. A lot of people are suddenly "found" to have some abnormality in all these tests and you'll have an opportunity to get a second opinion, submit additional medical documents, or treat the medical issue if it's generally correctable.

Hope this helps shed some light on the medical portion. It's not nearly as big a deal as other LE agencies, but it's still a pretty full work-up.

Comment

• aponce14
                  aponce14 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks so much

• Originally posted by holycrikey View Post

It's not a basic physical. A bit more extensive. And although each district's hiring process can be different, the medical exam is an AO requirement and is standardized. Everyone does the same thing and has the same requirements for duty.

That being said, they will do the basic physical exam (height/weight/blood pressure). They'll review your entire medical history, will go over any surgeries you had, any significant diagnoses in the past, will go over basic family history of illness. They'll check for obvious medical disqualifiers (untreated hernias, major abnormalities, etc). They'll do a full blood panel so you'll need to do fasting night before. You'll pee in a cup and they'll check urine. They'll also do a resting EKG. They'll also test your hearing and vision (including color blindness, depth perception, etc).

It used to take up an entire day, and some districts still do it like that. Others will farm out a portion of the medical background here and a portion there over several days.

Final medical docs get sent off nationally and reviewed by a physician. They then forward results back to your chief for final approval or if they need to re-test or address any medical issues.

As a word to the wise, just because you have some medical issue that puts a halt to the hiring process, it doesn't mean they'll dump you entirely. A lot of people are suddenly "found" to have some abnormality in all these tests and you'll have an opportunity to get a second opinion, submit additional medical documents, or treat the medical issue if it's generally correctable.

Hope this helps shed some light on the medical portion. It's not nearly as big a deal as other LE agencies, but it's still a pretty full work-up.

It definitely wasn't that extensive for me. I may have been at the physician's office for 30-45 minutes and I don't recall all of those procedures. But this was years ago.
                www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Hello, does anyone have any information on the Eastern District of Pennsylvania? They were accepting applications recently, and I decided to apply.
                  How long does it typically take to find out if you’ve been selected for an interview?
                  I’ll be 35 in a couple months. Could that be an issue? I know the hiring process can be lengthy and you have to be hired before 37.
                  I have a Master’s degree and 8 years of diverse county probation experience. I also have a counseling psychology background. I’m really hoping I’d be considered. It seems like an awesome job!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilaPO View Post
                    Hello, does anyone have any information on the Eastern District of Pennsylvania? They were accepting applications recently, and I decided to apply.
                    How long does it typically take to find out if you’ve been selected for an interview?
                    I’ll be 35 in a couple months. Could that be an issue? I know the hiring process can be lengthy and you have to be hired before 37.
                    I have a Master’s degree and 8 years of diverse county probation experience. I also have a counseling psychology background. I’m really hoping I’d be considered. It seems like an awesome job!
                    Process is not lengthy like you hear about and expect from FBI, DEA, etc.
                    I applied and had an interview about a month later (at age 36) and was on the job a few months after that.
                    **EACH DISTRICT DOES THINGS DIFFERENTLY**
                    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Anyone here from the Northern District of NY?

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about the Eastern District of Kentucky?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8191 users online. 393 members and 7798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X