X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AwesomePOII
    replied
    Originally posted by jdg0044 View Post
    Good luck! What does your experience/education level look like?
    Thanks, Ive been a Felony Probation Officer for 3 years, worked in the Prison as a Case Manager for 1 year...Bachelors in Psychology.

Leave a comment:

• jdg0044
    replied
    Originally posted by AwesomePOII View Post
    So I recvd a letter on 9/11/14 inviting me to take the exam on 9/12/14...Im glad my current job is flexible!. I took the exam, it wasnt too bad, just LONG. It literally took me the whole 3 hours to complete. They said I will hear back either way by 10/31
    Good luck! What does your experience/education level look like?

Leave a comment:

• AwesomePOII
    replied
    So I recvd a letter on 9/11/14 inviting me to take the exam on 9/12/14...Im glad my current job is flexible!. I took the exam, it wasnt too bad, just LONG. It literally took me the whole 3 hours to complete. They said I will hear back either way by 10/31

Leave a comment:

• acacia1122
    replied
    Originally posted by GA12 View Post
    Mobility helps also. It is common for folks to move for the position. If not you are forced to wait until the next posting for your area in 1,2 or maybe 3? Years.
    I agree you are qualified and competitive but it is a very good job that lots of folks are applying for. Good luck.

Hey there

So I got a call today from personnal inviting me to take the exam? Hopefully I do well enough to secure an interview

Leave a comment:

• jdg0044
    replied
    Originally posted by holycrikey View Post
    Lucky... My district is the reverse. Pretty much 70 social work and 30 law enforcement. I really wish we could swing the other way sometimes...
    It's about the same in my district. I don't mind it though. I came from a county probation department which was 100% social work and 0% law enforcement.

Leave a comment:

• holycrikey
    replied
    Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
    Yes, you are qualified!

My .02 cents... Remember, this position is a mix 50/50 mid law enforcement/social work. If your District is like mine, it's 70/30. U will be issued credentials/badge/and a gun. Biggest struggle I've seen is people being too social work driven and not adjusting well to being a LEO. We are there to help people; however, the safety of the community is our primary goal.

Also, regarding the hiring process. Each district operates independent from Washington. Meaning they hire how they (the Chief) want to. Each district does things differently.
    Lucky... My district is the reverse. Pretty much 70 social work and 30 law enforcement. I really wish we could swing the other way sometimes...

Leave a comment:

• DaBulls
    replied
    I'm finally branching out from applying to only openings in Florida after about 15 no-go's. I just applied for the USPO opening in Denver, Colorado and a recent one in Cheyenne, WY. I also applied, yet again, for the new PTS opening in Tampa. Eventually, the stars have to align for me.

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Originally posted by acacia1122 View Post
    Yayy. Thanks so much for your help. When I called HR after Applying a few weeks ago the person indicated that the process does take four months. I guess I'm worried because of how competitive the applicant pool is. On the posting they asked for a cover letter resume and a 2 pg statement on why you qualify and I think I did a pretty god job of selling myself. However I'm sure others did a good job at that as well. In the mean time I will just keep my fingers crossed.

I'm also waiting on westchester probation to call I took that exam last year and did pretty well. So we will see
    Mobility helps also. It is common for folks to move for the position. If not you are forced to wait until the next posting for your area in 1,2 or maybe 3? Years.

I agree you are qualified and competitive but it is a very good job that lots of folks are applying for. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• acacia1122
    replied
    Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
    Yes, you are qualified!

My .02 cents... Remember, this position is a mix 50/50 mid law enforcement/social work. If your District is like mine, it's 70/30. U will be issued credentials/badge/and a gun. Biggest struggle I've seen is people being too social work driven and not adjusting well to being a LEO. We are there to help people; however, the safety of the community is our primary goal.

Also, regarding the hiring process. Each district operates independent from Washington. Meaning they hire how they (the Chief) want to. Each district does things differently.
    Yayy. Thanks so much for your help. When I called HR after Applying a few weeks ago the person indicated that the process does take four months. I guess I'm worried because of how competitive the applicant pool is. On the posting they asked for a cover letter resume and a 2 pg statement on why you qualify and I think I did a pretty god job of selling myself. However I'm sure others did a good job at that as well. In the mean time I will just keep my fingers crossed.

I'm also waiting on westchester probation to call I took that exam last year and did pretty well. So we will see
    Last edited by acacia1122; 09-01-2014, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PSOSAC
    replied
    A masters in forensic mental health counseling
    Yes, you are qualified!

Leave a comment:

• acacia1122
    replied
    A masters in forensic mental health counseling

Leave a comment:

• MDSAE
    replied
    In my experience they sent a letter snail mail which included a prearranged interview time. I just had to call and confirm the appointment. Same thing with the second interview. However, I was contacted by phone when they made the job offer.

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Hello,

I applied for a Pretrial Services Officer position in NY. The position closed Aug 20th. I have a MA and over 6 years or mental health and case management (foster care, juvenile justice, mentally restarted population, substance abuse population etc)type of experiences and currently work for DOCCS (7 months only though). Any idea if they would consider someone like me a good candidate. Also, Does anyone know if they have started calling for the position, is it by phone or email. I am really hoping they call me but it would be nice to get an idea if I should get my hopes up or not.
    MA in what? Sounds like you have the background it's just a matter of what that particular district is looking for.

Leave a comment:

• acacia1122
    replied
    Hello,

I applied for a Pretrial Services Officer position in NY. The position closed Aug 20th. I have a MA and over 6 years or mental health and case management (foster care, juvenile justice, mentally restarted population, substance abuse population etc)type of experiences and currently work for DOCCS (7 months only though). Any idea if they would consider someone like me a good candidate. Also, Does anyone know if they have started calling for the position, is it by phone or email. I am really hoping they call me but it would be nice to get an idea if I should get my hopes up or not.

Leave a comment:

• AwesomePOII
    replied
    Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
    One last bump for this..got about another week left open for resumes.
    Ill be sending in my application for that one Monday at the latest.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10540 users online. 359 members and 10181 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X