Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VidaG, have you recently gotten hired? If so, how was the medical?

Comment

• So I see this job announcement (Announcement number: 2018-PR-01; Control number: 489510800) on USA Jobs for US Probation Officer. It says location negotiable, but then in the information in the announcement it talks about the Idaho district only. What announcement is being discussed in the thread? sounds like its nation wide?

Comment

• It’s for the District of Idaho, each district hires it’s own personnel

Comment

• Originally posted by HMCN View Post
          It’s for the District of Idaho, each district hires it’s own personnel
          Indeed. This is weird though, as districts using USAJobs is extremely rare. They must be hurting for applicants.

The best source of USPO positions is just by visiting http://www.uscourts.gov/careers/search-judiciary-jobs and searching for probation. Most direct route.

Comment

• Do the badges change between US Probation Officers and US Pretrial Officers? Or does everyone, regardless if the district has a separate probation and pretrial agency, have a US PROBATION shield?

Maybe holycrikey or NOLA or any other USPO's could answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by VidaG View Post
              Do the badges change between US Probation Officers and US Pretrial Officers? Or does everyone, regardless if the district has a separate probation and pretrial agency, have a US PROBATION shield?

Maybe holycrikey or NOLA or any other USPO's could answer.
              I PM'ed you about this. There are standard badges across most districts, but each district can create whatever they want so long as their chief judge approves. There are some unique ones out there for districts that want to feel special.

Comment

• Any Probation Officers on here from the NC district offices?

Comment

• Originally posted by MPD80 View Post
                  Any Probation Officers on here from the NC district offices?
                  Not from there, but I know a few in that area.
                  www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Any opinions on the Alpine, Pecos, Del Rio Texas announcement?

Comment

• Just received a C.O. from the Eastern District of Michigan. Would love to connect with someone who has some insights to this district. Thanks!

Comment

• Curious about Illinois and Indiana Districts

Does anyone have any insight on the Northern District of Illinois and Northern District of Indiana districts?

Pros/cons?

Culture of the office?

Managment?

LE vs social work? Fieldwork? Emphasis on safety and/or firearms?

Rehabilitation resources for probationers?

Policies on telework and flex schedules for the aforementioned districts?

ANY info would be much appreciated... No negative nancy bitter a** responses either! Just help us out. If we knew the answers, we wouldn't come to the threads

Comment

• Was wondering if someone had any information on the Southern District of Iowa. Just looking for some input on how they handle things and the culture itself in this district. Any information would help out. Feel free to just PM me.

Comment

• Hey everyone! This has been forum has been so helpful. Does anyone have any info on the southern district of Florida?

Comment

• ****Question for CURRENT USPO's that used to be Police Officers****

This is going to be a subjective answer due to districts being different, however, if you could, could you share your experience as a USPO in contrast to your prior service as a Police Officer or Special Agent? Would you go back? Do you regret it? What could all districts do better? Would you rather be local police or go federal 1811?

What are the pros that you value for making the move to Fed Probation? Anything good about your district (plz share district name, some ppl may be interested to know who's district are doing things that are of interest or value to them)!

No negative nancies!

Comment

• [QUOTE=80srock;n5568404]
                                Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                                That is a great write up and I'd estimate that's pretty spot on for the majority of the Country. However, it all depends on the District (I know... blah blah blah). Yes, the Marshals will be serving your warrants. However, this District is very pro LE. Search teams who actually search, fancy vests that say Federal Officer, FA and ORT teams that are well funded and taken very seriously. We conduct NLTA and MILO training days and put on an annual Gracie Survival Tactics training that draws 60 participants from across the country.

Agree, while some districts appear to be more social work oriented others like mine are very LE oriented. Some districts also issue take home cars, mine does. I am a former police officer and we do everything I did at the PD except write tickets. I just finished a multi-state investigation with multiple other federal agencies. I get paid more, get more time off, get to work from home, can flex my hours, and work very few midnight shifts.
                                ****Question for CURRENT USPO's that used to be Police Officers****

This is going to be a subjective answer due to districts being different, however, if you could, could you share your experience as a USPO in contrast to your prior service as a Police Officer or Special Agent? Would you go back? Do you regret it? What could all districts do better? Would you rather be local police or go federal 1811?

What are the pros that you value for making the move to Fed Probation? Anything good about your district (plz share district name, some ppl may be interested to know who's district are doing things that are of interest or value to them)!

No negative nancies!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5795 users online. 154 members and 5641 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X