Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brownj21 thank you! I'll keep y'all updated!

Comment

• Would a BOP officer with a degree have a decent shot at US Probation or would that most likely not be enough experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
        Would a BOP officer with a degree have a decent shot at US Probation or would that most likely not be enough experience?
        I have seen some BOP officers get hired on by US Probation.
        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• From what I've seen, officers from BOP came to USPO with A masters' degree, experience in case management and/or some sort of mental health treatment. You should still put your name in the hat, you never know what they're really looking for.

Comment

• I have read through all of the posts on this forum, but I was wondering if anyone has some insight on what the 2nd round of interview consists of? Will it be scenario type questions as the 1st interview? I know it varies from district to district, but I would imagine the interview questions may be similar? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• It does vary district to district but also probably depends on what your first round consisted of/with who. My first interview after the test was a panel interview and then the final interview was with the Deputy Chief and Chief.

Comment

• My first interview was a panel as well, so I guess it's safe to assume the second will be similar to yours. Were the questions similar to the first interview? I'm trying to see what's the best way to prepare for the second interview or what to expect.

Comment

• Second2None
                  Second2None commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My first interview was a panel of 5, the Chief, 2 Deputy Chiefs, and 2 supervising USPO’s. Just received a call for a second interview and I would assume I’m going to have the same panel or a smaller one

• To any current USPOs,

Can you tell me if being a local law enforcement detective for 3+ years would be considered specialized experience? All postings for USPO positions state that being a police officer is not considered specialized experience, however some postings do state that criminal investigations would be considered.

I also have a BA in criminology. Thanks.

Comment

• Anyone work for the SDNY Pre-Trial office or know anyone there? I applied for the opening and have some questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
                    To any current USPOs,

Can you tell me if being a local law enforcement detective for 3+ years would be considered specialized experience? All postings for USPO positions state that being a police officer is not considered specialized experience, however some postings do state that criminal investigations would be considered.

I also have a BA in criminology. Thanks.
                    Like with every other question in this thread-it totally depends on the district. You said it yourself that "some postings do state that criminal investigations would be considered."
                    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Will any Supervisor USPO on here send me a PM. I'm trying to get my resume reviewed to see what more I can do to get an interview.

Comment

• Any USPOs that work or have knowledge of the North Carolina districts? Current NC state PO with interest in learning more about the differences in the three districts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncmountain View Post
                          Any USPOs that work or have knowledge of the North Carolina districts? Current NC state PO with interest in learning more about the differences in the three districts.
                          PM me for details on the districts.

Comment

• Anyone a USPO or know about federal probation in the southern district of West Virginia? Just curious and excited about the position. Pm if you can. Thanks.

Comment

• Interviewed for the Eastern District of North Carolina today. Didn't get registered and appproved here in time to post and ask questions, but i did read through all 47 pages of this thread and it definitely helped.

Applied 8/20/17, interviewed 11/20, and was told the top candidates will interview with the judges on 12/15.

Comment

• Nola504
                                Nola504 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Whoa that is a first....interview with the Judges. EVERY district is different from the next. Good luck

• holycrikey
                                holycrikey commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yeah, if it's judges as in plural, that is pretty different. Most districts will have an interview with the Chief Judge as a final step though. A panel of judges could be fairly intimidating, haha. Bring your A Game.

• muhzeek
                                muhzeek commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I believe the exact phrase they used was "meet with some of our judges," so I'm not sure if it's a panel or just like an informal sit-down in chambers. The lady from HR said they'll prepare an applicant packet to give to the chief judge to review, so it sounds like he may be one that takes an active role in the hiring process. If i end up getting called for the next round, I'll definitely make a post here about how they ended up doing it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7736 users online. 318 members and 7418 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X