300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fedGL View Post
    Does anyone have any info on Texas Northern -Dallas?
    Ive heard its awesome.
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Anyone know whats entailed with the 2nd medical exam appt.?
      Last edited by fedGL; 07-06-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Any USPOs on here who work in either NC or SC? If so, could you please PM me? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by myrtlebeachPPP View Post
          Any USPOs on here who work in either NC or SC? If so, could you please PM me? Thanks!
          I dont, but I know several in those areas. I could possibly pass along your question if you want.
          www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Anyone here still waiting on their medical to be cleared?

Comment

• Does anyone know if officers allowed to carry firearms in the northern district of Florida? I read an announcement that said firearms are dependent on the district.

Comment

• Anyone have any good intel on North Dakota? Looking at an offer there.

Comment

• CHICAGO office is hiring Probation Officers and Pre-Trial Officers...

Can someone familiar or previously served in that office give the meat and potatoes? If you're on these forums, obviously you're not a "social worky" kind of person" therefore, you know what we're looking for.

What's the MANAGEMENT like? Good leadership?

Autonomy? No autonomy?

Telework policy?

Is it LE oriented or social work oriented or balanced?

Firearms? Gear authorized for duty? Overall Atmosphere in the office regarding carry? On/off-duty?

How's the LE training (I'm sure the social work oriented training is top notch)

When do they go to Charleston for FLETC training? Any Chicago guys/gals Fletc trainers?

G-Rides? Or rentals/personal cars?

Collaboration with local LE? Good relations?

Is the TSA Flying while armed a mandatory training for all federal LE officers/agents at the basic academy in Charleston? Do people take it later?

Ready.Set.Go!

(Disclaimer: If you're going to be an A-hole about it not being a LE career, don't bother responding, we all know it's not kicking down doors and doing what the 1811s and some 1801s do, however, it's important for non-federal employees to have insight to know what we could possibly expect, particularly because the courts are unique in that each district is different.... There are some people that want a social work'y district and could care less about doing law-enforcement work and the tools of the trade and the LE training and others that do, don't knock us... Just be helpful, better than wasting a position on someone who got a job that will either try to make it something it isn't or is surprised once appointed and doesn't want it, could've went to someone who really wanted it, based upon the district. Working in Northern District of Illinois (Chicago, Lisle, Rockford) isn't like some other districts that do not have rampant violence, it would be nice to know how Chicago operates, I know the Southern District of IL are very LE oriented)

Any insight for this particular district, again, much appreciated.
                  Last edited by VidaG; 09-01-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VidaG View Post
                    CHICAGO office is hiring Probation Officers and Pre-Trial Officers...

Can someone familiar or previously served in that office give the meat and potatoes? If you're on these forums, obviously you're not a "social worky" kind of person" therefore, you know what we're looking for.

What's the MANAGEMENT like? Good leadership?

Autonomy? No autonomy?

Telework policy?

Is it LE oriented or social work oriented or balanced?

Firearms? Gear authorized for duty? Overall Atmosphere in the office regarding carry? On/off-duty?

How's the LE training (I'm sure the social work oriented training is top notch)

When do they go to Charleston for FLETC training? Any Chicago guys/gals Fletc trainers?

G-Rides? Or rentals/personal cars?

Collaboration with local LE? Good relations?

Is the TSA Flying while armed a mandatory training for all federal LE officers/agents at the basic academy in Charleston? Do people take it later?

Ready.Set.Go!

(Disclaimer: If you're going to be an A-hole about it not being a LE career, don't bother responding, we all know it's not kicking down doors and doing what the 1811s and some 1801s do, however, it's important for non-federal employees to have insight to know what we could possibly expect, particularly because the courts are unique in that each district is different.... There are some people that want a social work'y district and could care less about doing law-enforcement work and the tools of the trade and the LE training and others that do, don't knock us... Just be helpful, better than wasting a position on someone who got a job that will either try to make it something it isn't or is surprised once appointed and doesn't want it, could've went to someone who really wanted it, based upon the district. Working in Northern District of Illinois (Chicago, Lisle, Rockford) isn't like some other districts that do not have rampant violence, it would be nice to know how Chicago operates, I know the Southern District of IL are very LE oriented)

Any insight for this particular district, again, much appreciated.
                    No

Comment

• Hello,

I'm sure I'm super late on the discussion and I've tried reading all the previous threads however it is a little lengthy. I interviewed for the USPO position and my process was different than what I've read (I also know that every district is different). I would just like to know did anyone have a similar experience and what was the outcome as well as the time line.

I initially applied in August
                      Applied again this month and was invited to interview
                      Interview w/Chief and Deputies with 2 other Supervising Officers

I guess I'm just nervous because all of this was done in one day and it doesn't seem like there will be anything next as far as the process unless it's an offer or rejection. And the fact the Chief said he pretty much had all the information he needed to make a decision without 2nd interviews.
                      Last edited by Second2None; 09-16-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second2None View Post
                        Hello,

I'm sure I'm super late on the discussion and I've tried reading all the previous threads however it is a little lengthy. I interviewed for the USPO position and my process was different than what I've read (I also know that every district is different). I would just like to know did anyone have a similar experience and what was the outcome as well as the time line.

I initially applied in August
                        Applied again this month and was invited to interview
                        Interview w/Chief and Deputies with 2 other Supervising Officers

I guess I'm just nervous because all of this was done in one day and it doesn't seem like there will be anything next as far as the process unless it's an offer or rejection. And the fact the Chief said he pretty much had all the information he needed to make a decision without 2nd interviews.
                        That is kind of how the process is in my district. 1 interview with SUSPOs, Chief and Deputy Chief, along with a test. No 2nd interview or anything. And they usually make decision after all interviews are over (usually a 2 or 3 day process, depending on how many positions are open).
                        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Wow now I feel like I didn't get the job because of the interview I was really nervous but I think I did ok on the mock interview and writing a case plan but there was no follow up and I forgot to ask smh

Comment

Wow now I feel like I didn't get the job because of the interview I was really nervous but I think I did ok on the mock interview and writing a case plan but there was no follow up and I forgot to ask smh
                            How long ago was your interview?
                            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• brownj21 It was last Thursday

Comment

brownj21 It was last Thursday
                                Then no news is good news at this point.
                                www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Second2None
                                  Second2None commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Update: I got a call for a second interview yesterday which will be on the 30th, hopefully it goes well!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7035 users online. 236 members and 6799 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X