Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADIOS - Any of you USPO's issued two-way radios for fieldwork? I'm sure that it may not be needed at times, however, I know many local state and county PO's get them for obvious reasons while performing fieldwork, usually for 10-1 officer needs assistance situations in which the frequency is usually on the same band as the local sheriffs, police or state police.

Wouldn't it make sense for each district to have assigned radios pertinent for that jurisdiction. USPO's please chime in!

I know you guys have a lot of toys at your disposal between the laptop, iPad and iPhone. However, none of those items may help you in a situation when you've got to get on the rover and call for assistance.

Comment

• VidaG - I'm not aware of any districts that carry radios. There may be a few sprinkled throughout the country, but I can confidently say that radios are not the practice. My district uses cell phones to communicate with the office while officers are in the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBR15 View Post
        VidaG - I'm not aware of any districts that carry radios. There may be a few sprinkled throughout the country, but I can confidently say that radios are not the practice. My district uses cell phones to communicate with the office while officers are in the field.
        I figured as much... Just curious... Each district is different and I've learned to "ASK" and never "ASSUME" on these boards... Lots of valuable info.

Comment

• FLYING ARMED - Any USPO's fly armed with ease? Curious. Seems like a cool perk. No screening and waiting and peace of mind while traveling for personal!

Seems pretty clear... Fed LEO's = Authorized to fly armed by simply having fed creds (Do Fed LEO's have to take the TSA flying while armed course? The way the TSA policy reads on the website, is that Fed LEO's are exempt, I wouldn't mind taking it at FLETC as an additional training, not sure of they teach that at FLETC Charleston).

Currently, I fly armed the old fashion way by checking it in checked baggage which is cumbersome and time consuming, which for me, almost makes it not worth it, I shoot with my buddies at ranges at my flight destinations usually. State/local/municipal cops must take the TSA flying while armed course and have a letter from agency. Too much trouble if you ask me...
          Last edited by VidaG; 03-28-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Fed POs/PSOs are not permitted to fly while armed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBR15 View Post
              Fed POs/PSOs are not permitted to fly while armed.
              How so if the TSA website clearly states that FLEOs can on their creds?

Anyone have experience doing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by VidaG View Post

How so if the TSA website clearly states that FLEOs can on their creds?

Anyone have experience doing this?
                Only 1811s can fly armed on personal travel. All other Fed LEO can only fly armed for work related matters! If flying armed is that important to you then look at 1811 positions.

Comment

• jimmycoughdrops
                  jimmycoughdrops commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is 100% a lie. CBP, Border patrol, ICE deportation officers can fly armed On and off duty and their not 1811

• Agree with LBJ. Bottom line is if you want your typical LEO career, you have to look elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post

Only 1811s can fly armed on personal travel. All other Fed LEO can only fly armed for work related matters! If flying armed is that important to you then look at 1811 positions.
                  Not important to me, just curious and seek out information from the forums for clarification.

Comment

• First time posting on the forum, and have spent a lot of time reviewing it over the past couple of weeks. I recently accepted a USPO position, (and I know it varies from location to location); but was wondering what I can expect on the first 90 days on the job? Also I was wondering what the office culture is like in terms of attire, personal space, and (for us new guys) coaching? Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
                    Last edited by Cdunny; 06-06-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdunny View Post
                      First time posting on the forum, and have spent a lot of time reviewing it over the past couple of weeks. I recently accepted a USPO position, (and I know it varies from location to location); but was wondering what I can expect on the first 90 days on the job? Also I was wondering what the office culture is like in terms of attire, personal space, and (for us new guys) coaching? Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
                      All of this totally depends on your district (sounding like a broken record at this point).

Culture, compensation, dress code, morale, on the job training, even rules will vary WILDLY from district to district. And I couldn't even tell you that districts within certain regions are similar (Southeast, Midwest, etc) because they are not. I can drive 50 miles one way and they have completely different rules, expectations, etc.
                      www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• I was wondering about caseloads mainly, and wondering if new uspo get more of a general one, or can they just throw you into a specialized right of the bat.

Comment

• Anyone in the Southeast looking for an open USPO position, please PM me.
                          Serious, qualified applicants only, please.

and I will answer SPECIFIC questions.
                          Last edited by brownj21; 06-12-2017, 07:28 AM.
                          www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Still some time left on this ^^^. Multiple positions open at 2 different office locations.
                            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• azcactus42
                              azcactus42 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Just sent you a message brownj21.

• k9james
                              k9james commented
                              Editing a comment
                              sent you a message as well

• Does anyone have any info on Texas Northern?
                            Last edited by fedGL; 07-06-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Second2None
                              Second2None commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The last I checked (which was today) they have a position open in Abilene

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5915 users online. 188 members and 5727 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X