300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brownj21 View Post

PM sent to both you guys. I have also cleaned out my message box, sorry about that!
    Good stuff. We have something pretty similar as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nola504 View Post

Good stuff. We have something pretty similar as well.
      That's awesome. Wish we had something like that!
      www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Anybody have anyone in the Texas office, or any office for that matter, that wouldn't mine letting me use them as reference? I know it's a long shot but got to ask lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubs4life View Post
          Anybody have anyone in the Texas office, or any office for that matter, that wouldn't mine letting me use them as reference? I know it's a long shot but got to ask lol.
          I went to FLETC with 5 people from Western Texas- most assigned to Investigations. They all seemed to like it, but were assigned to a small satellite office in Alpine. Most wanted to transfer to a larger city. Keep in mind that any border district will be writing more presentence reports and have a larger investigations unit due to the amount of illegal reentry cases (will likely only increase due to the new administration). This applies to Southern/Western/Northern Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and Southern California.

PM me for more info or if you applied to a specific district. I know people in CA, ND, WI, AL, FL, NC, MA, TX, GA, and a few other states

Comment

• Originally posted by rtkCO View Post

I went to FLETC with 5 people from Western Texas- most assigned to Investigations. They all seemed to like it, but were assigned to a small satellite office in Alpine. Most wanted to transfer to a larger city. Keep in mind that any border district will be writing more presentence reports and have a larger investigations unit due to the amount of illegal reentry cases (will likely only increase due to the new administration). This applies to Southern/Western/Northern Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and Southern California.
            That's true, however, one should keep in mind that PSI reports on illegal entry/re-entry cases are modified reports that are shorter and require less work than a "standard" psi report.
            Last edited by brownj21; 01-25-2017, 02:03 PM.
            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

That's true, however, one should keep in mind that PSI reports on illegal entry/re-entry cases are modified reports that are shorter and require less work than a "standard" psi report.
              Yeah, down there where they are so busy with them and those cases are part of the early dispo program. In my district, they are full PSRs- very few modified or immediate sentence reports. US Attorney's office here has a strict policy on who qualifies for early dispo- Crim Hx category I and no prior deportations. Basically no one gets it.

Side note for anyone wondering- hiring freeze does not apply to us (judiciary), but since the budget is still a continuing resolution- chiefs were encouraged to be cautious in their hiring due to potential budget cuts

Comment

• Anyone here in the hiring prices process for NYC eastern/ southern districts? Any luck so far? I hope the new administration doesn't have a big impact on those going through the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtkCO View Post

Yeah, down there where they are so busy with them and those cases are part of the early dispo program. In my district, they are full PSRs- very few modified or immediate sentence reports. US Attorney's office here has a strict policy on who qualifies for early dispo- Crim Hx category I and no prior deportations. Basically no one gets it.

Side note for anyone wondering- hiring freeze does not apply to us (judiciary), but since the budget is still a continuing resolution- chiefs were encouraged to be cautious in their hiring due to potential budget cuts
                  So if one was to work with PSRs, do they do all types of PSRs or is a early dispo done by a different set of people?

Comment

• I see Portland, Boise, Kansas City, and Little Rock all have postings currently. Anybody know anything about these spots?

Comment

• Originally posted by FraudBustah View Post
                      Anyone here in the hiring prices process for NYC eastern/ southern districts? Any luck so far? I hope the new administration doesn't have a big impact on those going through the process.
                      Southern has an in person written test, not sure where you live.

Originally posted by Cubs4life View Post

So if one was to work with PSRs, do they do all types of PSRs or is a early dispo done by a different set of people?
                      You will do it all

Originally posted by Cubs4life View Post
                      I see Portland, Boise, Kansas City, and Little Rock all have postings currently. Anybody know anything about these spots?
                      My chief and a few others are from Idaho and they all loved it there. KC is rated highly by a SUSPO that came from there. the one officer here from Arkansas was not a fan
                      Last edited by rtkCO; 01-26-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• I have heard good things about Idaho as well.
                        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubs4life View Post
                          I see Portland, Boise, Kansas City, and Little Rock all have postings currently. Anybody know anything about these spots?
                          Man, you have to apply some where. Just start putting in applications. Everyone going to have a different opinion of the same office. If you don't like one office, then you can transfer. Every single district has pros and cons, just have to experience it for yourself.

Comment

Man, you have to apply some where. Just start putting in applications. Everyone going to have a different opinion of the same office. If you don't like one office, then you can transfer. Every single district has pros and cons, just have to experience it for yourself.
                            Oh don't worry I am applying everywhere I can, it still can't hurt to get feedback about various offices.

Comment

Just be sure to ask if there is a contract locking you into that office/district for some period of time before you are allowed to transfer. LOL
                              www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Just be sure to ask if there is a contract locking you into that office/district for some period of time before you are allowed to transfer. LOL
                                True, true....When a district has that contract, it is usually 3-5 years. Three is the usual.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11646 users online. 410 members and 11236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X