Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pgh87
    replied
    Is anyone on the thread from Pittsburgh? Did anyone apply to Pittsburgh?

Leave a comment:

• esoj37
    replied
    Going to be applying to PR soon, not holding my breath since I am not as qualified as some of you guys on this thread. I don't think I have ever "mailed" an application, but its worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Nixon35
    replied
    Thanks for the info. Was going to send a follow up email but don't want to seem too pushy. May as well hold off another week or two.

Leave a comment:

• dsb05c
    replied
    Depends on the district and if they are hiring for a certain number or one slot or a hiring pool. I applied in May 2008 and was notified in July or August of that year. Mine was also a POA position so not sure if it would have been the same as a line officer position. Month wait is not out of the norm if there were interviews scheduled behind yours.

Leave a comment:

• Nixon35
    replied
    To those who are currently USPO's on the forum, how did you find out you were selected: mail or phone? Also how long did it take from interview to offer?

It's been over a month since I interviewed. I didn't know if waiting over a month was the norm.

Leave a comment:

• NJturnedDC
    replied
    Thanks guys I really appreciate the info. Hopefully I'll get considered for one of the positions.

Leave a comment:

• PSOSAC
    replied
    Also, search 1811 on usajobs. Some districts will list it under 1811 because theres no opm code for us and they believe this is the closest match. Like this:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/394540900
    Last edited by PSOSAC; 02-25-2015, 06:44 PM. Reason: i hate my phone

Leave a comment:

• dsb05c
    replied
    FYI, US probation advertises positions in different websites depending on the district. Some are on USA jobs, some on the districts webpage and some at the national us courts page.

Appears middle Florida is at the national webpage http://www.uscourts.gov/Careers/SearchJobVacancies.aspx

Leave a comment:

• NJturnedDC
    replied
    I will keep my eyes open for the announcements thanks for the heads up buddy

Leave a comment:

• dsb05c
    replied
    Then probation is the gig for you. Middle Florida will also be doing a lot of hiring soon.

Leave a comment:

• NJturnedDC
    replied
    Thanks for the response guys my days of running and gunning have dwindled away. Im more interested in a good location and a gig that is super family friendly

Leave a comment:

• PSOSAC
    replied
    Even if its a supervision gig, it'll still be low speed compared to uninformed or local LE. But living in Savannah might make up for it..
    Last edited by PSOSAC; 02-25-2015, 01:22 PM. Reason: auto correct

Leave a comment:

• GA12
    replied
    Originally posted by NJturnedDC View Post
    Hello guys I'm thinking about throwing my hat in for the Savannah, GA position. Anyone have any info on the field office? Is it a law enforcement driven location or is it mostly desk work? Thanks
    I'd read through these threads a bit more before applying. Most federal law enforcement positions require a lot of time at a desk. If you want to run and gun you'd be better off looking at uniformed/local law enforcement.

Leave a comment:

• NJturnedDC
    replied
    Hello guys I'm thinking about throwing my hat in for the Savannah, GA position. Anyone have any info on the field office? Is it a law enforcement driven location or is it mostly desk work? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• PSOSAC
    replied
    For the most part you can count on the entire deal being very professional. You are treated like an adult from the begining (of course this depends on your district). I was actually surprised how fletc was operated. I went into it expecting a paramilitary academy. Boy was i wrong. We were treated with nothing but respect from the get go. Very impressive, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12249 users online. 422 members and 11827 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X