X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSOSAC
    replied
    Originally posted by HMCN View Post
    Hi, great forum. Does correctional officer (USBOP) experience count as experience required for USPO?
    Unfortunately, no, it will not count as experience. Most announcements will specifically state the following, or something close to it:

A minimum of two years of progressively responsible casework experience in the investigation or supervision of offenders as a probation, parole or pre-trial services officer is required. Experience earned in a detention or correctional facility, or residential treatment program, is not considered to be qualifying experience. Experience must be earned subsequent to the awarding of the bachelor's degree. Preferred experience includes: Preparing presentence reports for the court and supervising offenders in the community. Supervision experience should include knowledge of evidence based practices in community corrections; these include, but are not limited to, risk assessment, risk-based supervision, cognitive behavioral treatment and motivational interviewing techniques.

Leave a comment:

• HMCN
    replied
    Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
    These are not easy jobs to obtain. They are looking for people with state or local probation or parole experience.
    Hi, great forum. Does correctional officer (USBOP) experience count as experience required for USPO?

Leave a comment:

• GBP_12
    replied
    It took me a while to hear back, whether is was an acceptance or rejection. This was for Arkansas, Maryland, and Connecticut.

Leave a comment:

• tx0811
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennymac777 View Post
    Anyone put in for dallas and hear anything yet? Sent everything to hr in early March but was never given a time frame.
    I applied there early this year and have not heard a peep from HR.

Leave a comment:

• Nola504
    replied
    Originally posted by GBP_12 View Post
    I do have a question for the PO's out there. How is the work/life balance? I know the majority will say it depends on the district, but I'm just looking for the overall feel. I've worked in LE and the military so I know all about crap schedules.

Thanks
    Work from home as much as I want. I work in presentence 7am-4:30 and every payday Friday off

Leave a comment:

• Dennymac777
    replied
    Anyone put in for dallas and hear anything yet? Sent everything to hr in early March but was never given a time frame.

Leave a comment:

• GBP_12
    replied
    Thanks, brown & jdg, I appreciate it.

I just got word that I will be doing a facetime/skipe interview on 1 May. I guess I passed the written. So far I am blown away with the process for the position, unlike anything I've ever encountered. This whole teleinterview thing is a little different too. I wish more agencies were this accommodating, I'm liking them more and more.

Any tips for the interview?

Leave a comment:

• jdg0044
    replied
    I do have a question for the PO's out there. How is the work/life balance? I know the majority will say it depends on the district, but I'm just looking for the overall feel. I've worked in LE and the military so I know all about crap schedules.

Thanks
    It's a very family friendly work schedule, at least in my district. Pretty much 8-5 M-F with about one evening in the field per month. I'm in supervision.

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied

Thanks
    It truly does depend on the district. Some districts offer teleworking/comp time/flex time...and others do not. Obviously, those benefits can really help with the home life, if available. And again, it varies wildly from district to district.
    With that said, the USPOs in my district pretty much never work weekends, unless there is an extreme issue and of course, field officers' schedules are very different than PSI writers schedules.

Leave a comment:

• GBP_12
    replied

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• GBP_12
    replied
    Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
    Just the written or was it in conjunction with the interview?
    This was just the written. Once I get my results I'll (hopefully) be called back in for an interview.

Leave a comment:

• Viking14
    replied
    I took the written yesterday. Seemed to go okay but we'll see, I wish I paid more attention in English class. They said that I should find out in about a week what my results were.
    Just the written or was it in conjunction with the interview?

Leave a comment:

• GBP_12
    replied
    I took the written yesterday. Seemed to go okay but we'll see, I wish I paid more attention in English class. They said that I should find out in about a week what my results were.

Leave a comment:

• wvofficer
    replied
    Just recently received the official word that I'm starting my USPO position (in the Southeast) in the upcoming months. If any current USPO's could PM me with any insight or helpful knowledge, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been in law enforcement for 8 years (2 years Investigations) and have a BS in Criminology. Any knowledge on the position, FLETC, etc would be helpful...

Leave a comment:

• GBP_12
    replied
    Hi all, I've applied to a few districts in AR, MD, and CT. AR and MD denied me but I just got a call from CT for a written exam on Monday. They were gracious enough to let me take the test in Baltimore since I'm in MD still. I asked what the process is like/what the timeline is. She said that they would probably be getting results in a week or so, then I would go through the panel interview then the final. It sounds like she was saying that they want to have people ready to go by the end of June. I applied about a month ago...give or take. Any CT district officers on here willing to tell me about the district I'm all ears.

Just to give a little on me, I have some time as a CT state Correction Officer, non-sword officer position in a police department, military time, AS in CJ, BA in Poly Sci, MA in CJ, and now a Gov contractor.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3857 users online. 228 members and 3629 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X