Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uptown1234
    replied
    Hello all, any insight on the SF86/background investigation process or timeline for a new hire?

Leave a comment:

• COPO85
    replied
    Hey everyone! I have interviews coming up soon. Curious if anyone has any info on these districts? PM me if you have any insight. TY!
    Last edited by COPO85; 08-08-2019, 01:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ecg14
    replied
    If there is anyone here that works in D.C. could you please PM me. I have several questions regarding the open position there. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SamsoniteWayOff
    replied
    Hi all. I’ve searched high and low and cannot find much regarding medical disqualifications based on a mental illness. I know they want a letter from your doctor but if you have been stable on your meds, is it truly a disqualifying factor? Anyone have any experience with this?

Leave a comment:

• holycrikey
    replied
    Originally posted by ATanaka View Post
    My advice is don't work in the Southern District of California. Heavy caseloads, supervisors are micromanaging, and lots of self-demotions. If you're looking for law enforcement work, this is not the best place. PO's are limited to what they can do, and they are no lateral opportunities such as task force work and joint training. If you promote, you will do more of the same but slightly more difficult cases.
    That sucks, sorry to hear that. I've previously met a few SD/CA officers and they all complained of high turn-over and big caseloads. I think last I checked, of the 3 officers I knew there, 2 have moved on elsewhere. Also sucks because my district has done joint training with other agencies. State/local folks, USMS, etc. I guess mileage varies on this front too.

Leave a comment:

• ATanaka
    replied
    My advice is don't work in the Southern District of California. Heavy caseloads, supervisors are micromanaging, and lots of self-demotions. If you're looking for law enforcement work, this is not the best place. PO's are limited to what they can do, and they are no lateral opportunities such as task force work and joint training. If you promote, you will do more of the same but slightly more difficult cases.

Leave a comment:

• Jwebb514
    replied
    (Double Post)

Leave a comment:

• Jwebb514
    replied
    Anyone have any first hand info on the Western District of Oklahoma?

Leave a comment:

• sflipping
    replied
    Anyone from the MD district ? I have a few specific questions

Leave a comment:

• sflipping
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your response .. by the way what district are you joining ?

• teamhoyt
    commented on 's reply
    It was less than three months for me. I also had multiple people in my FLETC class that had been on the job for well over a year. I haven’t paid that much attention to our new hires’ timelines. My district has always been very considerate of family situations and such in asking officers if they’re ready. There’s no hard and fast rule.

FLETC is an enormous investment in a new hire. Some districts wait to see how new hires are adjusting; FLETC smurfs are a reflection of their district and chief - you’ll get the lectures (a guy from my class is the subject of one such story).

If I were you, I’d get in, find out district expectations as soon as possible, check FLETC openings and go from there.

• Balco42
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the advice, teamhoyt! Any idea how long after starting I should expect to attend FLETC?

• teamhoyt
    commented on 's reply
    Catch FLETC right away in spring. July and August suited up at the outdoor range is a beast and the a/c in the mat rooms leaves a bit to be desired. Avoid budget crunch and inclement weather periods if possible, or you may have a shortened program (again spring is the finest time to enjoy Chuckstown). Be eager but show a willingness to learn. Feds operate different from any state/county I’m aware of.

If you don’t have a tailored suit, go get one

• Hoppyandiknowit
    replied
    Hey just out of curiosity... Is anyone currently working or has anyone worked in there Vermont district?

Leave a comment:

• Balco42
    commented on 's reply
    The medical process was a very thorough physical exam that also included vision and hearing screenings, blood work, TB test, and a medical history review.

My medical cleared in 21 days and I received a call right away, directly from the Chief. It came in the middle of the government shutdown though, so we decided to delay my start date to avoid the uncertainty that would come with that. That’s why I’m just now starting. Otherwise, it would’ve only been 21 days for me.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8674 users online. 278 members and 8396 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X