X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSOSAC
    replied
    Originally posted by ca_vet View Post
    Question regarding an application for Probation Officer. I am considering applying for a position; but after reading the announcement, I am not sure I qualify. I have six years in the military, B.A, M.S, and J.D, and legal work experience with a state agency. Thoughts?
    Oddly enough, considering what info you've provided, it doesn't appear you'd meet the minimum qualifications because, "A minimum of two years of progressively responsible casework experience in the investigation or supervision of offenders as a probation, parole or pre-trial services officer is required."

HOWEVER, given your J.D., I'd bet more the a few chiefs would give you a shot at an interview. Just my .02 cents. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• ca_vet
    replied
    Question regarding an application for Probation Officer. I am considering applying for a position; but after reading the announcement, I am not sure I qualify. I have six years in the military, B.A, M.S, and J.D, and legal work experience with a state agency. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• nevergiveup725
    replied
    FraudBustah, how did the interview go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FraudBustah
    replied
    Anyone have any info on SDNY? Hiring process? I took their test a while ago and received a call that I passed. They scheduled an interview for sometime next month. Best job in the world? I understand everyone has stressed the fact that each district lives by their own rules. Anyone with specific info on this district? 2 round interviews, next academy, G-ride, carry, task force, interaction with judges/defense attorneys, prosecutors, probationers?

Leave a comment:

• HMCN
    replied
    Thanks!! Appreciate the info.

Leave a comment:

• dsb05c
    replied
    Guam is one district that does not carry. I think they have everything ready for them to start a firearms program. Just have to get the chief judge to agree. Massachusetts might be another. More and more districts are allowing officers the option to carry on duty.

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    Originally posted by HMCN View Post
    Do anyone have info on Maryland District; Morale, Carry on/off duty? I know some district don't allow carry at all (which is kind of crazy imo). Thanks in advance.
    I believe there are only 2 districts left that do not carry on duty. I went to FLETC with a USPO out of Baltimore, I believe they do carry (unless the officer simply chooses not to carry).

Leave a comment:

• HMCN
    replied
    Do anyone have info on Maryland District; Morale, Carry on/off duty? I know some district don't allow carry at all (which is kind of crazy imo). Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Honeybadger24
    replied
    Thank you Holycrikey for your insight! Good to know I could be working with a cool group of people.

Leave a comment:

• holycrikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Honeybadger24 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm currently in the hiring process for US Probation in the southern district of California! I've learned so much from just reading all of the post. Does anyone have any insight on what it would be like to work in San Diego? Any advice would be helpful!
    I can't provide any in-depth information, but I did attend FLETC with a couple officers out of the San Diego office. Some pros/cons as with any district across the US. From what I heard, they liked their direct supervisors though and morale is pretty good. Caseloads can be crazy due to the proximity to the border and obviously Spanish is a good skillset to have. My impression was that it was a good place to work.

Leave a comment:

• Honeybadger24
    replied
    Hello everyone, I'm currently in the hiring process for US Probation in the southern district of California! I've learned so much from just reading all of the post. Does anyone have any insight on what it would be like to work in San Diego? Any advice would be helpful!
    Last edited by Honeybadger24; 07-06-2015, 10:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HMCN
    replied
    I see what you are saying about civil service protection. Good Luck with the other LE job search.

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by HMCN View Post
    Hope you did not decline the job offer; it is difficult to get a covered law enforcement position with the federal government. If hired, you would stop the retirement clock (age limit 37) and can transfer to another agency without worrying about aging out. Nevertheless; to each their own, good luck.
    yeah,I explain myself to the deputy chief probation officer. I had to decline the offer because of salary and being an expected service without the full civil service protection. even though the scheduling and work load was ideal for me. she understood and told me to reapply if I change my mind. nice people, nice agency.

maybe I've been having good luck because I found plenty of federal 6c jobs available. like people always said, apply for everything and make your decision in the end. always easier to get a job if you have a job for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• HMCN
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    I guess I have to decline the job offer. just wondering if there's a way to deferred it for 6 months to maybe a year so I can gathered more information on the specific on the job, like pay increment, health benefits, work schedule, etc. don't wanna look back and regret this in 5 years though because I let it slip away.
    Hope you did not decline the job offer; it is difficult to get a covered law enforcement position with the federal government. If hired, you would stop the retirement clock (age limit 37) and can transfer to another agency without worrying about aging out. Nevertheless; to each their own, good luck.

Leave a comment:

• HMCN
    replied
    Delete.........
    Last edited by HMCN; 07-05-2015, 01:00 AM. Reason: Double post

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5491 users online. 325 members and 5166 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X