Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My district never made me sign any agreements regarding a potential move to another district. We have had officers transfer out to other districts without much said about it. One in particular was only recently out of FLETC. I would imagine it can cause some hard feelings, but if you can land the gig and there's no agreement in place... Well then, it's just a question of what you personally feel is right or how much you think you owe the district that hired you. I know My district has also had inbound transfers so maybe how "desirable" a district is plays a roll in the attitude they take.

With regard to POAs, I would never look down on them. They do a lot of heavy lifting in my district and it's a legitimate path to an officer position. I know several officers that came up that way. You learn a lot and build a lot of relationships.

Comment

• Anyone being processed and waiting for your medical results, or has anyone recently processed? How long have you been waiting/did you wait?

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
        Anyone being processed and waiting for your medical results, or has anyone recently processed? How long have you been waiting/did you wait?
        I just took my medical yesterday, going tomorrow to get my TB test read, so I'm waiting on mine. I applied to the Southern District of Georgia

Comment

• Hello all,

New to this, but I've been "lurking" for a while, reading questions and answers. I submitted a few apps like most across the country, including the Virgin Islands. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or idea as to what's a favorable credit/financial check. As in what are they looking for and better yet not hoping to see? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chineyeye View Post
            Hello all,

New to this, but I've been "lurking" for a while, reading questions and answers. I submitted a few apps like most across the country, including the Virgin Islands. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or idea as to what's a favorable credit/financial check. As in what are they looking for and better yet not hoping to see? Thanks in advance!

Like any police job, if you have any collections...they are most likely going to pass you up. But this is after the interview.

Comment

• Happy to say I got my start date, looking forward to the federal level.

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                Happy to say I got my start date, looking forward to the federal level.
                I'm waiting on my medical to clear, how long did it take for your medical to clear and how long after was your start date? If you don't mind me asking

Comment

• Took me over 3 months for the medical to clear. I had no complications, no previous issues, and no further information requested. Others I have spoke with had theirs take longer, and others shorter. No rhyme or reason to it. My start date is about a month out from when I got cleared.

Comment

• I was hoping to hear a month or so, but oh well. Congrats to you.

Comment

• Thank you! What I figured, so I better finish clearing those up just in case one of my many apps get considered!

Comment

• I wanted to post up with how long my medical took to process. I completed the physical, etc May 17 and received my clearance and start date today.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the first couple weeks on the job might be like? Happy to do this through PM if that is a better location

Comment

• Originally posted by rtkCO View Post
                          I wanted to post up with how long my medical took to process. I completed the physical, etc May 17 and received my clearance and start date today.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the first couple weeks on the job might be like? Happy to do this through PM if that is a better location
                          That depends on a LOT of factors including what district hired you, what unit you will be working in (pretrial, PSI, or supervision), and so on. At some point you will be sent to FLETC-Charleston for the IPPT (initial probation and pretrial training). Some people go there quickly after starting, others wait a year, or longer.
                          www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Originally posted by rtkCO View Post
                            I wanted to post up with how long my medical took to process. I completed the physical, etc May 17 and received my clearance and start date today.

Like any new job, you'll probably go through some sort of formal/informal orientation. Like Brownj21 said, it really depends on your district and what unit you're assigned to.

Comment

• I recently received a call to interview for a district in Florida. Anyone have any info on what to expect? Any insight would be appreciated.

Comment

• Anyone going through the motions with SDNY/EDNY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10428 users online. 415 members and 10013 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X