Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any insight as to how long the medical review process usually takes once you've completed your medical exams? I know it varies from person to person, but on average, are we talking weeks or months once the AOUSC has your file? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 179_LPS View Post
      Does anyone have any insight as to how long the medical review process usually takes once you've completed your medical exams? I know it varies from person to person, but on average, are we talking weeks or months once the AOUSC has your file? Thanks!
      Moooonnnttthhhhssss at least that's how long I have been waiting.

Comment

Last edited by HMCN; 03-21-2016, 06:33 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Does anyone have any insight as to how long the medical review process usually takes once you've completed your medical exams? I know it varies from person to person, but on average, are we talking weeks or months once the AOUSC has your file? Thanks!
          They're backed up, a lot of hiring... When I was in the process I was told I was lucky to have only waited 2 months.

Comment

• Does anyone work for the NJ district or know any details about it. I am in the hiring process right now and would like to hear some specifics about that district. You can PM me if you wish.

Also, I was under the impression a determination had to be made within 30 days of the medical exam. Is that not correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Potentialnj View Post
              Does anyone work for the NJ district or know any details about it. I am in the hiring process right now and would like to hear some specifics about that district. You can PM me if you wish.

Also, I was under the impression a determination had to be made within 30 days of the medical exam. Is that not correct?
              That's what the protocol manual says, but that isn't the way it is working at the moment. Apparently there are so many new hires FOH is swamped. As of this coming Monday I will be in my third month of waiting for just the medical exam results. I expect this to be a year long process from application to entry on duty for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                That's what the protocol manual says, but that isn't the way it is working at the moment. Apparently there are so many new hires FOH is swamped. As of this coming Monday I will be in my third month of waiting for just the medical exam results. I expect this to be a year long process from application to entry on duty for me.
                Wow, that is a very unusual wait time for this agency!
                www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                  Wow, thanks for the info. I am coming up on about 30 days since my medical exam, so I was hoping to hear something soon. I guess not. Everything else in the process moved really quickly.
                  Last edited by 179_LPS; 03-25-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the info. I am coming up on about 30 days since my medical exam, so I was hoping to hear something soon. I guess not. Everything else in the process moved really quickly.
                    HCMN said he waited two months and his Chief told him he was lucky to have such a short wait. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and your wait won't be as long. I haven't been flagged for any medical issues and neither was HCMN, I really feel for the applicants that get flagged and have to send in clarifying info on medical issues. I can only imagine how long their wait is, but in the end were fortunate to be getting the job, so I am thankful for that.

Comment

• Saw a vacany for a US Probation Officer Assistant. It looks like it is the same thing yet a smaller case load and supervised by a probation officer.

Does anyone have any insight on this position? Does this position exist at all districts? Is it looked down upon, among the peers of Probation Officers?

Comment

• Are they still requiring you to stay at that location for a minimum of 3 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diddy41 View Post
                          Saw a vacany for a US Probation Officer Assistant. It looks like it is the same thing yet a smaller case load and supervised by a probation officer.

Does anyone have any insight on this position? Does this position exist at all districts? Is it looked down upon, among the peers of Probation Officers?
                          Not all districts have POAs and the duties vary greatly from district to district. I can tell you it is not looked down upon as POAs often have duties that take extra burden off the officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by oregon_ducks2018 View Post
                            Are they still requiring you to stay at that location for a minimum of 3 years?
                            From my understanding, there is an unwritten rule that a new officer will spend 3-5 years at their first district before applying for a position in another district. I did not have to sign an agreement to stay for a certain amount of time, but I have seen others that have been required to sign agreements ranging from 3-5 years. My district has had a few that have left for a USPO/USPSO position elsewhere before their one year anniversary. From what I'm aware of, don't be expecting your management to support you leaving, even if it is to get closer to home. Once you let them know you're looking to move, get an umbrella and wait for the shart storm to commence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diddy41 View Post
                              Saw a vacany for a US Probation Officer Assistant. It looks like it is the same thing yet a smaller case load and supervised by a probation officer.

Not all districts have POAs, mine doesn't. I know that we would greatly appreciate a POA to help take some of the work off of us, so it wouldn't be looked down upon in my district.

Originally posted by oregon_ducks2018 View Post
                              Are they still requiring you to stay at that location for a minimum of 3 years?
                              It may vary from district to district. I know our district does a 3-year written agreement.
                              www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Originally posted by satxparoleofcr View Post
                                From my understanding, there is an unwritten rule that a new officer will spend 3-5 years at their first district before applying for a position in another district. I did not have to sign an agreement to stay for a certain amount of time, but I have seen others that have been required to sign agreements ranging from 3-5 years. My district has had a few that have left for a USPO/USPSO position elsewhere before their one year anniversary. From what I'm aware of, don't be expecting your management to support you leaving, even if it is to get closer to home. Once you let them know you're looking to move, get an umbrella and wait for the shart storm to commence.
                                I'll chime in and say that my district has no agreement, written or not, of transfers to other districts. I know of a couple other districts that have no rules on time in service before a transfer. Again, a lot comes down to the chiefs. The chiefs can either highly help or highly hinder your application to another district. Again, maybe I'm the rare district, but my chief is very supportive of transfers out to another district, but I suspect that could change if we begin to see difficulties in retention.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5920 users online. 221 members and 5699 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X