300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Honeybadger24 View Post
    Just an update guys, I got the job!!!!! So excited! I start in a week!
    That's amazing, how long did it take you to get through the medical portion after your initial exam?

Comment

• It took about 4 months. They wanted more information on my hearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Honeybadger24 View Post
        It took about 4 months. They wanted more information on my hearing.

Comment

• Congrats!!

Comment

• Would just like to express my frustration over how different each district's recruitment process is.

One is fine with just a bachelor degree(which I have, but the area leaves a bit to be desired), and the one which is less than an hour away(requires a Master's which I don't have)

Thinking about applying anyways...

Comment

• Originally posted by Diddy41 View Post
              Would just like to express my frustration over how different each district's recruitment process is.

One is fine with just a bachelor degree(which I have, but the area leaves a bit to be desired), and the one which is less than an hour away(requires a Master's which I don't have)

Thinking about applying anyways...
              I think you will find the majority of districts require a masters degree or possibly a much needed specialty like forensics etc

Comment

• Originally posted by JD2Fed View Post
                I think you will find the majority of districts require a masters degree or possibly a much needed specialty like forensics etc
                On that note, what are the internal listings like? Say I was to get in to a district that only required a bachelor's.
                If I wanted to transfer(five years down the road, etc), would the educational requirements be waived at a district that originally required a masters?

Comment

• Is anyone on here a familiar with how North Carolina and Florida hire? What it is they are looking for in a candidate?

Comment

• I recently applied to all three of the districts in North Carolina and have yet to hear anything from the Middle and Eastern Districts. I was not selected for an interview in the Western District. I have 5 years P&P experience at the state and county levels and have a Master's. Not really sure what it is that district may be looking for..... Hope that helps a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Head'nSouth View Post
                      I recently applied to all three of the districts in North Carolina and have yet to hear anything from the Middle and Eastern Districts. I was not selected for an interview in the Western District. I have 5 years P&P experience at the state and county levels and have a Master's. Not really sure what it is that district may be looking for..... Hope that helps a bit
                      Yes it does thank you. Kind of disheartening as I have a bachelors with 3.5 years social work (correctional and dcpp) but most recently po. Guess I'll just throw the app out there and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by stillsearching View Post
                        Is anyone on here a familiar with how North Carolina and Florida hire? What it is they are looking for in a candidate?
                        Which District in Florida? Northern, Middle or Southern?

Comment

• Originally posted by HMCN View Post
                          Which District in Florida? Northern, Middle or Southern?
                          Any insight on any district would be great. Looks like there are postings for middle and southern currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diddy41 View Post
                            On that note, what are the internal listings like? Say I was to get in to a district that only required a bachelor's.
                            If I wanted to transfer(five years down the road, etc), would the educational requirements be waived at a district that originally required a masters?
                            Im not sure on this. In my district the only way they would take someone with a bachelors is if the candidate agreed to get a masters within X years from being hired.

Comment

• Masters, wow!!!!

You would think the pay would be better if they are pushing for people with masters degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JD2Fed View Post
                                Im not sure on this. In my district the only way they would take someone with a bachelors is if the candidate agreed to get a masters within X years from being hired.
                                Do you mind if I pm you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6043 users online. 227 members and 5816 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X