300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Achyuta View Post
    Ugh! I have been waiting for this one, but its a full time temp position. 1 year and 1 day with a possibility to become permanent.

Any input on the likely hood of it becoming permanent? Ever seen it happen?

I would hate to leave my state position and the federal position be discontinued due to no funding after 1 year =(.
    Go for it! Get in the system, attend FLETC, then transfer to another district or pretrial in same district if the permanent gig doesn't happen. Transferring (although it's not technically referred to as a transfer) is very easy once your in. Good luck.

Comment

• Has anyone that applied to the USPO position for Western District of North Carolina back in December, heard anything back about an interview?

Comment

• Just as a reminder for all of you potential new hire candidates....find out as much as you can about the district to which you are seeking employment. There are DRASTIC differences from district to district across the country. Just FYI.
        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• brownj21, are you a current USPO? If so, you mind answering some questions via a PM?

Comment

• If anyone knows anything about Western District of LA please pm me.

Comment

• I don't mean to sound out of line here but they should rename this thread "Can you PM me". Every post ends with pm me. PMs are needed on some occasions, but this is an open forum site with people sharing helpful information, opinions, and ideas. There isn't anything that secretive which warrants a PM for nearly every single post. And if you want to discuss something that confidential with a current USPO, more than likely they can't and shouldn't be disclosing it to you anyway. This is great federal job that in my opinion doesn't get nearly enough attention. So lets share as much information as possible people.

Comment

• @cj511, lmao!!!!

Yes I've heard it's a good gig; however, someone's point earlier, research the district you are looking to get into. Every district is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Moving on, with regards to "researching the districts", does anyone on here know some of the districts that are more law-enforcement oriented?

Comment

• How are federal medical benefits? Would current USPO's say they are happy with the medical benefit offerings? I am coming from the state level and I am very happy with my health insurance options.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockcrete88 View Post
                      How are federal medical benefits? Would current USPO's say they are happy with the medical benefit offerings? I am coming from the state level and I am very happy with my health insurance options.
                      It's pretty good, you will have a list of insurances to choose from (I.e Blue cross, United, etc.). You can choose the standard or high option. In my experience, you get what you pay for.

I guess it depends on the state, but from what I've heard, state have good insurance that are very affordable, especially when adding family. Feds can get a little pricey when adding family to your plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Head'nSouth View Post
                        Moving on, with regards to "researching the districts", does anyone on here know some of the districts that are more law-enforcement oriented?
                        I've heard of a few that roll hard out there: New York Western, Iowa Southern, Missouri Eastern, New Mexico.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockcrete88 View Post
                          How are federal medical benefits? Would current USPO's say they are happy with the medical benefit offerings? I am coming from the state level and I am very happy with my health insurance options.
                          https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insur...rmation/plans/

Comment

• Originally posted by satxparoleofcr View Post
                            I've heard of a few that roll hard out there: New York Western, Iowa Southern, Missouri Eastern, New Mexico.
                            Do you know if they are making their own arrests in those districts, or is the Marshals Service handling that aspect?

Comment

• Originally posted by Achyuta View Post
                              Ugh! I have been waiting for this one, but its a full time temp position. 1 year and 1 day with a possibility to become permanent.

Any input on the likely hood of it becoming permanent? Ever seen it happen?

I would hate to leave my state position and the federal position be discontinued due to no funding after 1 year =(.
                              Don't worry about the whole "one year, one day" thing. They hire everyone like that. It's more formality than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ511 View Post
                                Do you know if they are making their own arrests in those districts, or is the Marshals Service handling that aspect?
                                I would probably say the USMS takes care of the warrants. Where I'm at, there's no executing warrants and it's all left to the USM. The places mentioned seem to be heavy on the search and seizure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11681 users online. 468 members and 11213 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X