Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello guys I'm thinking about throwing my hat in for the Savannah, GA position. Anyone have any info on the field office? Is it a law enforcement driven location or is it mostly desk work? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by NJturnedDC View Post
      Hello guys I'm thinking about throwing my hat in for the Savannah, GA position. Anyone have any info on the field office? Is it a law enforcement driven location or is it mostly desk work? Thanks
      I'd read through these threads a bit more before applying. Most federal law enforcement positions require a lot of time at a desk. If you want to run and gun you'd be better off looking at uniformed/local law enforcement.

Comment

• Even if its a supervision gig, it'll still be low speed compared to uninformed or local LE. But living in Savannah might make up for it..
        Last edited by PSOSAC; 02-25-2015, 01:22 PM. Reason: auto correct

Comment

• Thanks for the response guys my days of running and gunning have dwindled away. Im more interested in a good location and a gig that is super family friendly

Comment

• Then probation is the gig for you. Middle Florida will also be doing a lot of hiring soon.

Comment

• I will keep my eyes open for the announcements thanks for the heads up buddy

Comment

• FYI, US probation advertises positions in different websites depending on the district. Some are on USA jobs, some on the districts webpage and some at the national us courts page.

Appears middle Florida is at the national webpage http://www.uscourts.gov/Careers/SearchJobVacancies.aspx

Comment

• Also, search 1811 on usajobs. Some districts will list it under 1811 because theres no opm code for us and they believe this is the closest match. Like this:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/394540900
                  Last edited by PSOSAC; 02-25-2015, 06:44 PM. Reason: i hate my phone

Comment

• Thanks guys I really appreciate the info. Hopefully I'll get considered for one of the positions.

Comment

• To those who are currently USPO's on the forum, how did you find out you were selected: mail or phone? Also how long did it take from interview to offer?

It's been over a month since I interviewed. I didn't know if waiting over a month was the norm.

Comment

• Depends on the district and if they are hiring for a certain number or one slot or a hiring pool. I applied in May 2008 and was notified in July or August of that year. Mine was also a POA position so not sure if it would have been the same as a line officer position. Month wait is not out of the norm if there were interviews scheduled behind yours.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Was going to send a follow up email but don't want to seem too pushy. May as well hold off another week or two.

Comment

• Going to be applying to PR soon, not holding my breath since I am not as qualified as some of you guys on this thread. I don't think I have ever "mailed" an application, but its worth a shot.

Comment

• Is anyone on the thread from Pittsburgh? Did anyone apply to Pittsburgh?

Comment

• I want to say a big THANK YOU to holycrikey. This brother's wealth of knowledge on this thread has assisted me in many ways.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8082 users online. 445 members and 7637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X