300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sally mae View Post
    I have no experience and I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in Dec. Do you think I'll have a chance at being USPO? Also do they test for color vision?
    You'll need to start off at the county or state level and gain experience. Also, start a Masters program in criminal justice or psychology as soon as possible. You have to set yourself apart from the competition if you want to make it to the Feds.

Comment

• I want to say THANK YOU to everyone that gave me advice through the hiring process. I get sworn in November 3 in AZ.

Comment

• Congrats AZbarr! I'm currently in the process as well. How long did it take for the medical review? I just had my medical exam on 10/07.

Comment

• They took the full 30 days before I got the call about a start date. I might have heard something sooner if it wasn't for the medical facility I went to not sending my results to QTC until over a week after they had the results.
          Last edited by AZbarr; 10-13-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• I hear that. QTC lost my blood work... twice. The first time they waited three weeks to notify me. The second time two.

Comment

• Wow, that is insane! I guess I better cross my fingers that I don't have either of those issues. Thanks guys.

Comment

• Guys does a Graduate degree help for a Federal Probation officer? I have a BS in Criminal Justice and one year away from earning my MSBA- Master of science business administration. I am hoping to start out as a probation officer at my local court. It is a part time position (14 hours a week) I am currently still a full time student..

Comment

• Originally posted by Munevo89 View Post
                  Guys does a Graduate degree help for a Federal Probation officer? I have a BS in Criminal Justice and one year away from earning my MSBA- Master of science business administration. I am hoping to start out as a probation officer at my local court. It is a part time position (14 hours a week) I am currently still a full time student..
                  Can't imagine an advanced degree hurting anything for sure. Worst case if you are up against another applicant of equal experience then your your Masters will put you ahead of them. Masters degree always helps when competing.

Comment

• Ok I hope to have a few years experience and earn my masters then apply in the future. I was just curious how is the Background investigation compared to other agencies? I have excellent credit never been arrested in my life just a few speeding tickets from 5+ years ago.. currently have zero points on my license.

Forgot to mention does certificates help out during hiring process? I have earned the following:

Private Investigation, Forensic Accounting and Forensic Psychology.
                    Last edited by Munevo89; 10-16-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• It is the same background as most other agencies. The exception to this is, of course, the FBI.

Comment

• One major difference is that they do the BI after you are hired.

Comment

• I recently applied for a USPO position in Pensacola, FL. I'm currently a Fed LEO with 6 years experience, a bachelor's in Criminology and am 3 classes shy of a Master's in Justice Studies w/ a concentration in Cybersecurity, which I will complete in May of 2015. Does anyone have any gouge on this position in this district?

Comment

• Hi, I am a current Investigator. If I took a position as a USPO, would that count as Federal investigative experience? I am wondering because I would like to become an 1811 someday and was wondering if it would be a good idea to do. There are other reasons why I am considering the position, but basically I'm wondering if would be looked at favorably by an 1811 agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by fnu_lnu View Post
                              Hi, I am a current Investigator. If I took a position as a USPO, would that count as Federal investigative experience? I am wondering because I would like to become an 1811 someday and was wondering if it would be a good idea to do. There are other reasons why I am considering the position, but basically I'm wondering if would be looked at favorably by an 1811 agency.
                              Depends a ton on which 1811 position in which agency. Some may like it, some may not. A lot depends on their mission. I can say in a very generic manner that in my district, we've had a few USPOs move on to 1811 gigs and I've heard of the same at a few other districts. So it is definitely possible, but I think you'd need other work or experience to really stand out (as is the norm for 1811 gigs). At the very least, you'd get a tiny leg up by already being in a federally designated law enforcement position, even though in reality and practice, most districts are only maybe 40-50% law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by holycrikey View Post
                                Depends a ton on which 1811 position in which agency. Some may like it, some may not. A lot depends on their mission. I can say in a very generic manner that in my district, we've had a few USPOs move on to 1811 gigs and I've heard of the same at a few other districts. So it is definitely possible, but I think you'd need other work or experience to really stand out (as is the norm for 1811 gigs). At the very least, you'd get a tiny leg up by already being in a federally designated law enforcement position, even though in reality and practice, most districts are only maybe 40-50% law enforcement.
                                Agree with this. Current USPO and going through the process for a 1811 position now. Have applied to several and gotten the not the most highly qualified response. It depends on how you list the investigative experience and some don't consider probarion law enforcent enough.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7248 users online. 387 members and 6861 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X