300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with chief tomorrow

Tomorrow morning I have my interview with the chief. Is this a good sign especially if i signed a conditional job offer with the department last week? they went as far as asking for my tax information, my emergency contact information and i had to sign and certify that my public records would be no longer public and protected under a statue (forgot the statue). Im feeling great and positive but just wanted to know from your guys experience what I can expect from the interview with the chief, thanks in advance.

An interview is just an interview.

Since I don’t know to which department or the Chief in question I can only speculate that it will likely be a structured interview where the Chief will be asking you standard questions such as why do you want to woke here, what do you bring to the table, how would you handle certain scenarios and the like.

If you have no already done so I would strongly recommend you have some basic information about the department in your mind- stick to the big ticket items and anything by way of the Chief strategic vision and plan- more so if it is on the public website.

Remember to show up a few minutes early and attired properly.

Originally posted by hopefull1 View Post
    Tomorrow morning I have my interview with the chief. Is this a good sign especially if i signed a conditional job offer with the department last week? they went as far as asking for my tax information, my emergency contact information and i had to sign and certify that my public records would be no longer public and protected under a statue (forgot the statue). Im feeling great and positive but just wanted to know from your guys experience what I can expect from the interview with the chief, thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Thank you very much sgt jon. I was told the chief would be the one to tell me when and where to take my medical and psych test. If thats the case, does the pretty much mean im hired or even there i can still get denied? once again, thanks in advance.

Comment

Thank you very much sgt jon. I was told the chief would be the one to tell me when and where to take my medical and psych test. If thats the case, does the pretty much mean im hired or even there i can still get denied? once again, thanks in advance.
        first you have to pass ALL testing
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It's the Chief's agency and he will meet with you and decide whether you can continue in the hiring process. Like the others said, dress sharp, know the dept, and sell yourself. Good luck.

Comment

Nothing in this world is a sure thing. While a scheduled interview is certainly a good indicator- it is by no means a guarantee of a job. You can still get bumped while at this and even later stages- even then you will be on probation for at-least a year….

Even if they Chief welcomes you aboard and gives you a start date you still need to pass your medical, psych and any other requirements before you will actually start. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket- I have known far too many folks who thought there were a shoe in and who blew off other viable jobs thinking they were set- only to learn that for one reason or another they didn’t get on and had blown their chances with other agencies.

Slow down, take a breath, go to the interview and see where it goes from there. Again, you still have to pass your medical and psych first. And this is assuming your background is complete, your training is good to go and more.

Originally posted by SSD
            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Interview went really well, he told me right at the end that he does want to select me and he scheduled me for the psych test on Friday morning. Once again, thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5741 users online. 390 members and 5351 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X