300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5,000 Lateral Signing Bonus! Tukwila PD, WA

Now offering a $5,000 Lateral Signing Bonus!

Hello All,
    I am a recruiter for the Tukwila Police Department located in the Seattle Metropolitan Area of Washington. We are actively and aggressively recruiting qualified individuals to fill a number of open positions. Please give us a look at http://tukwilawa.gov/police/pd.html

You can find the application link from that page but let me know if I can answer any questions for you. I will also be posting in other areas of the forums to answer questions or give advice from a recruiter's perspective. I look forward to talking with you all!

smallerPatrol Car HDR 2.jpg
    "A World Class Police Department Delivering Professional Law Enforcement Services"

http://www.tukwilawa.gov/police/pd.html

[email protected]

Nice to see recruiters using this site to touch base with applicants. Good luck, I don't have 18 months yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdeployed12 View Post
      Nice to see recruiters using this site to touch base with applicants. Good luck, I don't have 18 months yet.
      Thanks AJ. I'm trying to use it for more than "cold calling" too if you know anyone interested in the area or that has questions. I like the interaction that forums provide.
      "A World Class Police Department Delivering Professional Law Enforcement Services"

[email protected]

Comment

What's the cost of living like up there?

Comment

Well more like 2500 a year I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Firstlast View Post
            Outside of Seattle proper, and still well within driving distance of Tukwila, you can get a lot of house for your money. With the starting salary that Tukwila offers you could live a pretty good life and do well for you and for your family. Obviously no one is going to get rich being a cop, but as far as I'm concerned the PNW (outside of Seattle) is the best kept secret in the country for good living.

Comment

Originally posted by Recruiter161 View Post
              Now offering a $5,000 Lateral Signing Bonus!

Hello All,
              I am a recruiter for the Tukwila Police Department located in the Seattle Metropolitan Area of Washington. We are actively and aggressively recruiting qualified individuals to fill a number of open positions. Please give us a look at http://tukwilawa.gov/police/pd.html

You can find the application link from that page but let me know if I can answer any questions for you. I will also be posting in other areas of the forums to answer questions or give advice from a recruiter's perspective. I look forward to talking with you all!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10977[/ATTACH]
              Sir, I am interested and would like to ask you a few questions. I was not able to send you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fun. View Post
                Outside of Seattle proper, and still well within driving distance of Tukwila, you can get a lot of house for your money. With the starting salary that Tukwila offers you could live a pretty good life and do well for you and for your family. Obviously no one is going to get rich being a cop, but as far as I'm concerned the PNW (outside of Seattle) is the best kept secret in the country for good living.
                I've noticed that the area seems to be among the highest paying in the country. My assumption was that it had something to do with cost of living. However, I could be wrong because I work in a wealthy area but make less than my peers.

Comment

I've noticed that the area seems to be among the highest paying in the country. My assumption was that it had something to do with cost of living. However, I could be wrong because I work in a wealthy area but make less than my peers.
                  The actual city of Seattle is absurd. Other areas like Redmond, Mercer Island/Medina, Bellevue, etc. are also asinine as far as real estate goes. But Tacoma, Bonney Lake, Fife, Buckley, etc. are all affordable cities. A friend of mine just bought a brand new, 3,000sq. foot house on 14 acres in Buckley for $350,000. It's maybe 30 miles from Tukwila. Another friend bought a rather nice, older 1,800sq foot house in Tacoma for $160,000. Lots of options around the area if you look south of Tukwila rather than north.

Comment

Im a fed just up the road but I work with a lot of state/local guys (not Tukwila). I'm not applying to the position, but I know others who are. What I know and see about the state LE system that I consider a drawback is that once you retire, you get no health insurance. Most other states that I've seen are not like that. That caveat saves the state system a lot of money by not paying retiree health costs, which are generally high. The state/local guys around this area do make well. Most King County Deputies I know generally make around $100k by the end of the year. The state LE retirement system is also pretty generous too. Considering they don't pay for health insurance, they probably should be.

Comment

I made a long post that didn't take. Retiree health insurance was stolen from me a few years ago anyway so no loss there. I am concerned about starting over in a new system though. I'm not getting any younger.

Comment

I made a long post that didn't take. Retiree health insurance was stolen from me a few years ago anyway so no loss there. I am concerned about starting over in a new system though. I'm not getting any younger.
                        Well here's a perk... we've got some damn good fishin' for when you do retire! :-D

Comment

Heck I'll be fishing from my walker if I live that long.

Clarification on the schedule? 3x12 then 4x12? So guaranteed 4 hrs ot per check?

Comment

It's not cheap but it's not outrageous either. If you're not looking at living in downtown Seattle you can afford a good sized house and our pay is commensurate with the cost of living. It's not San Francisco prices but it's not Wyoming either.

[email protected]

Comment

Hey 8nskate! I currently can't PM because I don't have enough posts yet... This is a new professional account I set up just for recruiting purposes. You can email me though at [email protected]. I'd love to talk to you.

[email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12176 users online. 473 members and 11703 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X