Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background Investigation...nervous for no reason?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigation...nervous for no reason?

Good day guys and gals,

I began my background investigation by completing the extremely long PHQ and returning it to my background detective. I have a very clean history with only 2 speeding tickets, none over 10 mph over, in the past 12 years. I have admitted to marijuana use between the age of 16-18 not exceeding 3 occasions, I am now 28. I have a honorable discharge from the Navy, a Bachelors of Science in IT, and good references. I have never been questioned or even sat in the back of a police car, nor have I been a part of any type of investigation. I have made it through all tests and the oral board and for some reason I am more nervous for the background investigation than anything. Did you feel the same way? Am I possibly over thinking this? I realize every background investigation is different, as is everyone's situation. Did anyone else have the same hesitations or self stress going on during their BI?

Thanks for the views and replies.

Take care and stay safe!
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.

- Kurt Vonnegut

"Níl aon tinteán ná do thinteán féin."

Take a deep breath and relax...as a Background Investigator I can tell you everyone is nervous and we get that. We are here to help and understand and if you have been honest you'll do fine. Good Luck and I'm sure your B.I. will honest and upfront with you.

Comment

Thanks Commish, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. It is nice to hear that from someone on the other side of the table. I have stressed honesty and if anything were to pop up or I remember something I would definitely let the B.I. immediately. I'm sure I'm just being cynical.

Thanks again!
      I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

You will be fine.....but yes, it is normal.

What did you do in the Navy?

Comment

I was rated an AME (ejection seat explosive mechanic), I was ASF as an MA most of the time however. Thanks for your comment kermit, I appreciate it.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

No worries. I am an AT. Never got cut loose to do ASF though, they would never let me go.

Comment

You guys should have gone to a small base (preferably shore duty, run by CTs) You would have tried everything to get out of ASF and would have not been able to do so successfully. Yours truly was stuck in ASF for 2 years.

Comment

I was on NAS Whidbey Island up north of Seattle, tiny island and very uneventful. I didn't mind the collateral duty. I would imagine getting stuck in it for that long though would be awful. Not exactly the most glamorous rate.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

he, I was stationed at Whidbey for 2.5 years, 01-04. Being an AT on Prowlers and then Hawkeyes, there is no way they were letting me go anywhere....haha.

Comment

Doa - I had my degree a few years ago right before I discharged from the military. It took working a few years in the field to realize I didn't want to be behind a desk for 8 hours. It's mind numbing and absolutely awful! I soon realized the sacrifice of pay was much less important than the gratification and thrill of a career in LE. I've read also where the type of degree matters, however like I said, I had the IT degree a while before I decided to pursue this career.

Thanks for the reply! Best of luck.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, not sure how the time frame relates. I simply meant I didn't have my degree before discharging, it was a month or so after I discharged before I graduated.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Don't get me wrong sir or ma'am, I appreciate your insight. I was basically trying to see if anyone else felt nervous for their background investigation. I wasn't attempting to go into such specific detail. I realize I wasn't concise, it was simply a brief background. In any regard, thank your for your comments.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Thank you.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4748 users online. 296 members and 4452 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X