300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrections (Federal) to 1811

Has anyone on here ever gone from Probation to an 1811 position? I may be faced with a decision soon and looking to gather as much information as possible. Feel free to PM or post.

Thanks,

Done a bunch of times (from BOP to 1811). A few posters here and a few at the 911 forums.
    They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
      Done a bunch of times (from BOP to 1811). A few posters here and a few at the 911 forums.
      I should have been more specific to say Probation and Pretrial services... Thanks though.

Comment

Getting an 1811 now is more luck, and hookups more than anything. Good luck.

Comment

I know a few people that are at my office that were Pretrial before hired with us. Didn't get their 1811's right away, but after 2 years you will get it. That's how it's been going the past couple years. Actually if you're hired on as a 5 it takes 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by manstown View Post
            I know a few people that are at my office that were Pretrial before hired with us. Didn't get their 1811's right away, but after 2 years you will get it. That's how it's been going the past couple years. Actually if you're hired on as a 5 it takes 3 years.
            Are you with USMS? The position I applied for is an SA position. I thought they get their 1811s right away.

Comment

Deputy Marshals do not start out as 1811s. They pick up their 1811 after 2 (or 3) years on the job.

If you are a Special Agent, or OIG investigator you will likely be an 1811 out of the gate.

Comment

I think I may have not been clear earlier. Looking for info on how a former probation officer, who is now a SA liked the change. Pros and cons, and just general tips.

Comment

Originally posted by StarkWood88 View Post
                  Are you with USMS? The position I applied for is an SA position. I thought they get their 1811s right away.
                  I am with USMS. And as saone pointed out, we start off as 082's until we get our 11's. From there, as long as you have good evaluations, you'll be promoted to 1811. I have yet to hear of anyone not getting their 1811 once they get their 11's.

Comment

I'm a current USPO and I know a guy in our divisional office that was a former POA that made the jump to DUSM years ago. From what I was told, he found his happy place working as an 1811.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12929 users online. 439 members and 12490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X