300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Background Questionnaire, Re-Use

I'm applying to several different agencies in Southern CA, I've only gotten to the pre-investigative questionnaire for one agency thus far....my god what a great way to make you feel like a P.O.S.

Anyway, something I've been thinking about is when I go to take other questionnaires for other agencies, and my answers aren't 100% carbon copy the same, will this effect me much? Are agencies comparing previous questionnaires from other agencies? It's not as though I'm attempting to fool the system, but with the length of these questionnaires and the level of introspection and "nostalgic" thought my first one took, I wouldn't be confident that I'd remember every last thing for each different questionnaire (e.g. I might not remember that time I may of flipped the bird in my car or ate a grape in the produce section), that and I may remember something that I didn't remember during a previous questionnaire.

I know these hiring processes are notorious for making one paranoid, but LE is my dream career and I'm looking to do everything I can to secure my future.

Your thinking to much. Secret rule of thumb. If u weren't arrested for it, it didn't happen.
    Answer all questions just like that, and by god stick with your answers. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Keep it very simple. Good luck.

Comment

Really??........So your reference says "Yeah we got into a lot of trouble when we went to College but nothing we were arrested for". You however stated on your Background Forms "I've never been in trouble". Be honest and truthful and the old addage "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" doesn't fly pal.....If your honest your story will "ALWAYS" be the same.....if your story isn't truthful then "Your history."

Comment

Thanks a lot for the input, gentlemen!

Comment

I was most specifically wondering if my next (second) questionnaire isnt 100% spot on the same for San Diego PD, if that will be a serious issue? Again, not trying to skirt the system, just dont want to mess up my chances or be pinned as dishonest.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8507 users online. 381 members and 8126 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X