300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading Documents to USAJOBS

I need to upload documents for an application I'm submitting but the files are too big so I tried faxing them, got the email confirming they were received but only one of the files actually uploaded to the site. I've been able to make the files smaller now but when I try uploading them it says they have been altered or damaged, but they work fine on my computer. Any suggestions??
    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

what type of files are you trying to upload? If you are trying to upload pictures, best to add them to a ms-word document and save them that way before you upload.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Are you uploading PDFs? If so try saving them as a "compressed PDF". It should be an option in whatever Adobe product you are using.

Comment

Sorry, it is "reduced size PDF" not compressed.

Comment

I have reduced them, and the ATF seeker site says that they won't be accepted because they have been "altered". Of course they've been altered. HR hasn't been able to help and I submitted a ticket to both USAJobs help desk as well as the ATF seeker help desk. The documents are uploaded on my USAJobs account and I attached them to my application, do you think this will suffice?
          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Can you print the PDF, and then scan it under black and white or lower resolution? Then the new PDF won't be compressed, but will be a smaller file size.

Comment

That's a good idea, but I checked and my scanner doesn't have that option. I have tried reducing the size as well as making it black and white once it's already scanned though and it makes it below 3mb and still looks fine but the site says it won't accept it because it's altered or missing something. I uploaded all the documents to my profile and attached them to my application so it should work fine, I'm still waiting to hear back from HR if that's OK.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8012 users online. 380 members and 7632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X