300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    So I guess guess the real question is which state police/highway patrol academies are harder than the Feds?
    All of them......lol
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      So I guess guess the real question is which state police/highway patrol academies are harder than the Feds?
      Texas DPS. Ask this to 50 Troopers and you'll get a 50 different responses. This is your typical loaded question. It's fun to assume or puff your chest out with " My academy is the hardest." But as was stated in earlier posts, it's almost impossible to form the data needed to answer this question. It's fun though...lol

Comment

Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
        Texas DPS. Ask this to 50 Troopers and you'll get a 50 different responses. This is your typical loaded question. It's fun to assume or puff your chest out with " My academy is the hardest." But as was stated in earlier posts, it's almost impossible to form the data needed to answer this question. It's fun though...lol
        Agreed. Our 6 month academy was challenging academically and physically, but the "stress" and "para-military" environment were lacking. But that's after my prior experiences. Not to say it wasn't challenging, but it could be much worse.....
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
          No, it's quite possible to answer this question. Like Albert Wesker said, all of them are harder .

Comment

Originally posted by jb74 View Post
            As a DSS agent I highly agree with this statement. Our basic special agent course is so intense the only reason we have never failed someone for lack of physical fitness is because we weed out everyone who isn't at the olympic athlete level (for pingpong) before they even get to FLETC. I think what happened is you saw a bunch of DSS agents with scruffy beards laughing, drinking beer, and pointing at some poor DUSM candidates doing a run while pulling their instructor on an atv and mistook that for a real excersize program.
            Are you sure you weren't in my HSI (then ICE) class???? Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
              All of them......lol
              +1.

Comment

Academies are as "hard" (I prefer the word "difficult") as you make it. Properly prepare for the academy, and it will be fairly simple. Fail to plan, then you should expect the worse. All academies have some level of physical fitness training, so train for that. We also know that there's an academic portion, so prepare for that as well by establishing good study habits. As for the firearms portion, work on your basic shooting fundamentals like sight alignment and trigger squeeze, however don't "over prepare". The firearms instructors at the academy are very good at what they do. If you establish "bad" habits prior to attending the academy, you will have a more difficult time with the firearms training. Like most skills, correcting "bad habits" is a lot more difficult than teaching good ones.
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I agree with the comments on Texas DPS. Their trooper academy is very challenging in all aspects. They also use the Sig 229 chambered in .357 sig like a lot of Federal Agencies. My friend is a Texas Trooper and he also came from Florida Highway Patrol and he said that Texas academy was much more challenging. But needless to say, like most local police officers and some state troopers, he is now fat and all the hard work in the academy was a waste.

Comment

Actually, few federal agencies use Sig 229s in .357 Sig, or anything chambered for it. But, that's not really here nor there to the point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8700 users online. 398 members and 8302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X