Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest Federal Law Enforcement Academy

Hello
    I am looking for everyone's thoughts on which academy they think is the hardest to pass. Please keep in mind that I am not just referring to PT but investigative and survivability skills as well. My opinion is as follows:

1. US Marshals academy
    2. Border Patrol academy
    3. Secret Service academy
    4. Air Marshals (due to the pistol course)
    5. DEA

How did you come by your list? Have you graduated from all of the listed academies? Such penis measuring is silly at best.

Comment

Originally posted by UD235-86 View Post
      Hello
      I am looking for everyone's thoughts on which academy they think is the hardest to pass. Please keep in mind that I am not just referring to PT but investigative and survivability skills as well. My opinion is as follows:

1. US Marshals academy
      2. Border Patrol academy
      3. Secret Service academy
      4. Air Marshals (due to the pistol course)
      5. DEA
      DEA is by far the hardest physically!!!!!!!!!!
      Marshals are 2nd

Comment

I'm impressed with your resume.
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

You won't get an educated answer, because for someone to really know, they will have had to have completed each one, and I'm pretty sure there is nobody out there who has worked for all five of those agencies. Otherwise, you'll get guesses.

Comment

BOP all the way.

Comment

Don't know about hardest but ATF, USSS, and ICE SA are 6 months plus of training. That's a long time if you think about it

Comment

I'll come back to add that the hardest federal training I had was basic and military police school.

Comment

Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
                  Don't know about hardest but ATF, USSS, and ICE SA are 6 months plus of training. That's a long time if you think about it
                  And DSS is also 6+ months of training.

Comment

I hope and pray I can report in as to the level of difficulty of the ATF academy....

Comment

I'd be curious to know the criteria one uses to determine the 'hardest' academy.
                      I'd also like to know, if past versions of academies are to be included, or are only the current versions open to comparison?

Comment

My buddy who is Master of Arms Navy said their training program was the hardest thing he had attempted in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by UD235-86 View Post
                          My buddy who is Master of Arms Navy said their training program was the hardest thing he had attempted in his life.
                          That still gives little frame of reference. Maybe he had a very easy life.

What does it matter which training is more difficult? I would think that the training would be challenging in different ways to different people. As long as a program makes successful basically trained agents for its respective agency than we (as a Nation) win.

Comment

Who really cares what level of "training" is the hardest. In the end, we are all suppose to be one unit and go home each day. Does it make us better trained then others? Sometimes, but some academies I have seen that are hard/easy make some of the worse deputies, cops or federal agents out there. And then some are really good at their jobs.

Also,I never knew basic training in the military would even compare to law enforcement training.

Each academy is like the military, it's basic training. From then on it's up to you as an individual to work with your brothers in arms.
                            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Why is everyone so critical and analytical? I havent attended all the courses but I know when I went through the UPTP course the USSS UD guys got smoked and had it alot harder than I did, so I can say it was tougher than mine. When i went through CITP the USMS guys got smoked a lot harder than I. So from seeing how these individuals are treated during the academy Id say they are some of the harder courses.Academically the IRS-CI guys are at FLETC for about 9 months i believe and lots of them wash out due to academics.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7970 users online. 365 members and 7605 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X