300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Traffic Ticket

In the process of filling out packets for background checks and need to supply a date for a traffic ticket I received. I've only received one ticket in my life and can't for the life of me remember the city/county that I was in at the time or the year that I received it.. It was 8 to 10 years ago. I got a copy of my driving record which goes back 7 years but it was not listed and I was told that this is the extent of the driving history that my state keeps. How would I list them when declaring traffic tickets on my personal history documents?

just be sure to put as much info down as you honestly remember, however little it may be

Comment

If you are filling out the SF-86 you don't need to list traffic tickets that are under a certain dollar amount (I think it is $300, but not sure). Just a heads up if that is what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by edge9261 View Post
        just be sure to put as much info down as you honestly remember, however little it may be
        +1. If you made a good faith effort to figure it out, just list the approx. date etc.
        If, however, you want to nail this down, your city's motor vehicle dept. should be able to dig up a complete driving history, not just the 7 year version, but it may take some phone calls/leg work on your part. If you've only received 1 ticket in your whole life, and it was 8-10 years ago, maybe there is some other way for you to figure out which jurisdiction you were in when it happened. Maybe an old bank statement with a canceled check from paying a fine, etc...I dunnno.

Comment

Originally posted by saone View Post
          If you are filling out the SF-86 you don't need to list traffic tickets that are under a certain dollar amount (I think it is $300, but not sure). Just a heads up if that is what you are doing.
          I did that but the investigator still called me out on it and asked why I didn't list it. I answered that I followed instructions.

She then asked if the speeding ticket (10 over from seven years ago, which was promptly paid) made me subject to coercion and if I attempted to avoid hanging out with individuals who have committed "similar offenses".

USIS.....

Comment

should also mention for the OP, that it did not have any bearing on my background going through.

Comment

Sam, don't worry to much about it. The investigator could have been new at the job , or forgot he was not supposed to ask about thats ticket etc. If it was USIS, maybe it was a new investigator and shouldn't affect your background at all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8497 users online. 385 members and 8112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X