Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I still have a shot at being a police officer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how the LE job market in Cali is but here in South FL it's pretty competitive. You will be competing against many men and women that have clean records and university degrees... That being said one undetected crime shouldn't derail you that much; however, be mindful that some departments might be more strict than others regarding theft from a previous employer. I don't know what laws they are teaching in Cali since all these others posts say you we're "burglarizing" your employer... Lol. News flash that is not burglary but rather grand theft at best, since for burglary you would need the element of unlawfully breaking and entering into a dwelling to commit a crime therein... Lots of ignorant people in LE as you can already see by reading these posts... My advice to use is to get your bachelor's degree in whatever interest you, stay out of trouble, stay in shape, and become active in your local sheriff's office by volunteering, internships, citizen police academies, etc. They are usually more lenient on these type of matters since they employ many LE officers, and need to hire more men and women cause of attrition. And remember always be honest on your PHQ and try to explain what led you to commit that undetected crime at your previous employer and how you have learned and matured from that experience... GL

Comment

Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
      Lol. News flash that is not burglary but rather grand theft at best, since for burglary you would need the element of unlawfully breaking and entering into a dwelling to commit a crime therein... Lots of ignorant people in LE as you can already see by reading these posts...
      Excuse my law enforcemeny ignorance, but burglary in California is merely entering with the intent to commit a theft or a felony. There need be no unlawful breaking and entering.

Employee + multiple thefts from employer's premises + depending on employee's statements, burglary is not difficult to prove.

I'll make you a deal - I won't call you on Florida law, you don't call me on California law.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Yeah man. You have a long road ahead. Don't lie, and you should be ok.
        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7494 users online. 378 members and 7116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X