300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living where you work

I was wondering if anyone could comment on their opinion of living in the jurisdiction you work in. Do people feel strongly one way or another about it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by justs1; 05-06-2013, 05:18 PM.

If i worked in a beautiful small town in north carolina or something, i'd do it. But i'm from Brooklyn NY. So no, i definitely wouldnt want to work in a precinct that has jurisdiction in my neighborhood. Terrible move..plus the NYPD does not allow that.
    New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by justs1 View Post
      I was wondering if anyone could comment on their opinion of living in the jurisdiction you work in. Do people feel strongly one way or another about it?

Thanks!
      It depends. Some departments do not allow you to work in the same area you reside in for numerous reasons, with the off duty impact being at the forefront. Some departments require you to live within or in proximity to the city/county/state where you work but set no rule about working in the same neighborhood.

Personally I would avoid working where I live but even in a city such as DC where I last worked there is sometimes no avoiding folks you collar while out and about. Nothing like seeing someone you just papered while at the Zoo with the kids and having to feel the stare of death.
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5051 users online. 176 members and 4875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X