Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew that I forgot someone. Thanks. As folks can see, it is a short list, and part of the reason those programs are so competitive.
    Last edited by Erik; 05-12-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
      Not necessarily easy to do, and definitely not automatic. I tried to do so on a few occasions a few years ago and had no luck. I was Excepted Service 1811 (GS-13) with no Veteran's Preference and no prior Competitive Service time. If you're competitive service it may be easier, if you're a vet it may be a LOT easier, but for me it was a no-go and I ultimately left federal service in an effort to obtain employment closer to family.
      Thanks for the replies. That's kind of what I was thinking. Especially with the current state of the government. I really don't want to spend 2+ more years in this office and it looks like most vacancies (of the few that come out) are for GS13s. Oh well, just trying to get my application into as many hands as possible and hope someone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by tjacks7 View Post
        Thanks for the replies. That's kind of what I was thinking. Especially with the current state of the government. I really don't want to spend 2+ more years in this office and it looks like most vacancies (of the few that come out) are for GS13s. Oh well, just trying to get my application into as many hands as possible and hope someone calls.
        You must be on the border, lol

Comment

Originally posted by signalfreq View Post
          You must be on the border, lol
          Well, no. But I'm assuming it's similar to the border. Definitely a "hard to fill" and undesirable location.

Comment

Can you apply to one agency as a veteran at or past age 37 with no FLEO experience and then down the road transfer to another agency that does not accept anyone at 37 or higher?

Comment

Originally posted by MilEngineer View Post
              Can you apply to one agency as a veteran at or past age 37 with no FLEO experience and then down the road transfer to another agency that does not accept anyone at 37 or higher?
              Depends on the agency. Say you get hired by the USMS and try to apply later on with ICE....ICE can say no. That's what I have gotten from the folks over at 911 Job Forums.

Kimble might have more/better information than I do...

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Depends on the agency. Say you get hired by the USMS and try to apply later on with ICE....ICE can say no. That's what I have gotten from the folks over at 911 Job Forums.

Kimble might have more/better information than I do...
                +1. If you were hired by an agency past age 37, they've essentially agreed to allow you to work past the mandatory retirement at 57. The new agency would have to agree to the same.
                "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5910 users online. 233 members and 5677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X