300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring process

I just have a few questions about the hiring process. I know not every department is the same, but from my experience thus far, this process that I have been going through is pretty standard.

I took the written and physical exams on the same day and was then scheduled for an oral board interview. After the interview, the lieutenant called me a few days later to tell me that I'm #1 on their list and scheduled another time to come in for a polygraph exam. A few days after the polygraph, I received notice that the command staff has reviewed my polygraph results and has authorized me to move forward in the process. I was then placed into contact with another officer who was in charge of my background investigation. He put together a list of required information and I was able to obtain it all within a few days and send it back to him.

That is where I stand now with the hiring process. I know the background takes some time and the next piece is probably a psychological evaluation followed by a physical and final interview with the chief. I'm just looking for some feedback about the rest of the process I have coming up and was wondering if there was anything I need to know.

Appreciate all feedback and advice.

for what department or agency?
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

City/town police. New England area

Comment

Without knowing the actual agency it would be pure supposition on our end. Even then, departments sometimes mix it up for a variety of reasons.

That said, if you pass all the requisite steps and there is a position they will usually make a conditional offer. The conditions typically require you successfully complete all remaining steps to include drug screens, physicals and graduation from the academy. Then you pass FTO/FTI and then probation. Fast forward 20+ years and you put in your retirement papers.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12184 users online. 408 members and 11776 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X