Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw88 View Post
    Good blog thanks for the heads up.

It seems as very recent college graduate i have almost no chance at getting hired as an 1811. I feel i dont have enough qualifications compared to so many.

I think im going to join the military and get some experience.
    I'd echo what other people have said though and only join the military if you actually want to join the military. Don't go there just because you want that 1811 slot.

Comment

Oh i have always wanted to serve since i was a kid joemama1 im just lucky its win/win since it could help me in the future for an 1811 job.

My main dilema is if i should go enlisted or officer.

Comment

got some info for you but your site feedback link doesn't work. You don't have a PM option on your profile. send me an IM and ill get the info over to you.
        ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

If there are any OIG SAs on this forum, I would really appreciate your help in gathering more information (i.e., videos, links, etc.). I have little experience with the OIG world and want to do a better job with the OIG page. Send me a message or submit via feedback link on site (now working).

Comment

Have you considered making a page for the government jargon? Maybe a page with all of the major acronyms new applicants and trainees will hear, grouped together by government agency? A lot of newbies (especially civilians) struggle with the high number of acronyms in federal SA jobs, and being able to familiarize themselves in advance would be incredibly helpful, especially so they aren't caught off-guard with an unfamiliar acronym in an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by piperj3cub View Post
              Have you considered making a page for the government jargon? Maybe a page with all of the major acronyms new applicants and trainees will hear, grouped together by government agency? A lot of newbies (especially civilians) struggle with the high number of acronyms in federal SA jobs, and being able to familiarize themselves in advance would be incredibly helpful, especially so they aren't caught off-guard with an unfamiliar acronym in an interview.
              Done brother! See the links section.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                Joining the military never hurt anyone. The military has its own LEO & 1811's for example: NCIS, Army CID, and AFOSI (enlisted-route after 3 years service w/ E-5 rank). Also, AF Security Forces and Army Military Police will get you some basic LEO experience. The education benefits and free housing with free meals makes the military and win/win situation. Good Luck!
                As a former NCIS agent I should probably clarify that NCIS is not a "military agency," meaning it is not staffed primarily by active duty/reserve military servicemembers nor fall within military chain of command. Rather, it is mostly staffed by civilian civil service federal employees. NCIS is considered a Military Criminal Investigation Organziaton (MCIO) but like I said it's unique as a MCIO in that it's a civilian agency under the Dept of the Navy. It does not report to a Navy admiral or USMC General, but rather to the Sec of the Navy him/herself. While there are active duty Marine Special Agents (MSA) and reserve naval intel officers detailed to NCIS, 90+% of it's agent corps are civilian 1811's.

Army CID and OSI (and CGIS for that matter) are a little different in that more than half or most of their agent corps and their agency directors are military servicemembers.
                sigpic

Comment

I just updated content as requested.

Comment

Just a quick update, the site has been down a few days due to server problems. If this continues, I will change hosts....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7144 users online. 346 members and 6798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X