300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI disqualifier?

About 5 years ago I did something rather stupid. I got a hand job from a stripper. I have never done anything like that before and I have never done anything like that since. I have a few questions regarding employement with the FBI

1) Would this be something that would disqualify me?
    2) I have another job right now with a clearance. I have never done a poly and I've never had to admit this issue. If I am disquaifiled from the FBI, would this issue come up during my next security clearance investigation? If there is little hope that I will get hired by the FBI, I do not want to jeapordize my current job. I am considering withdrawing myself for a SA job.

Thank you for any advice anyone can give.

Originally posted by james_card View Post
    About 5 years ago I did something rather stupid. I got a hand job from a stripper. I have never done anything like that before and I have never done anything like that since. I have a few questions regarding employement with the FBI

1) Would this be something that would disqualify me?
    2) I have another job right now with a clearance. I have never done a poly and I've never had to admit this issue. If I am disquaifiled from the FBI, would this issue come up during my next security clearance investigation? If there is little hope that I will get hired by the FBI, I do not want to jeapordize my current job. I am considering withdrawing myself for a SA job.

Thank you for any advice anyone can give.
    The discussion as to if such conduct is a disqualifier has been had here on more than one occasion. In general the consensus is that it and similar activities may well pose a challenge in your pursuit of a job that requires strict adherence to high morals.
    So in sum:
    1. It depends. You did engage in what is usually classified as a misdemeanor crime and one which is tied to some very recent embarrassment for the government.

2. This type of activity edges into the deviant behavior sphere and conduct which could be used as leverage to exploit you; neither of which bodes well when it comes to access to classified information/systems. And yes, if you are disqualified due to it (even at the start of the adjudication process with the FBI) it must be disclosed during your periodic reinvestigation.

Do some research here and you will certainly find some discussions tied to this very conundrum.
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

If u weren't arrested for it, it didn't happen.

Comment

Usually the time period for a TS is the last 5 years of your life. Unless your next security investigation requires a poly, in which you WILL be asked if you have ever had a poly, then you will not have to discuss your favorable/unfavorable results with the FBI poly.

One thing to remember, and I have taken/passed FBI poly, is that this poly is not attached to your security clearance. What I mean to say is that you will not be taking a lifestyle/CI poly. So when you pass the poly (think positive) you will not have a TS-SCI (or whatever it is) with poly as your security clearance. This is part of the FBI's vetting process, all employees must take a poly.

Comment

in short, preview the FBI SF-86 questionnaire. See what applies and what doesn't apply to you.

Things that would get you disqualify :

Conviction of a felony
          Use of illegal drugs in violation of the FBI Employment Drug Policy (see the FBI Employment Drug Policy for more details)
          Default of a student loan (insured by the U.S. Government)
          Failure of an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test
          Failure to register with the Selective Service System (for males only)

Comment

Was it a male stripper? Did it involve a jar of Skippy and a K9?

Seriously dude, unless you were arrested for it, then why even bring it up?
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Seriously? How old are you.

Comment

A TS goes back 10 years on the initial investigation.

HI629......hysterical! I was waiting for someone to take it down that path. Someone had to shed a little humor on this one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4406 users online. 190 members and 4216 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X