300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can an FBI Special Agent testify?

I was recently reading some articles on FBI disciplinary procedures.

I noticed the FBI and maybe DOJ has a policy on Lack of Candor-Not under oath and Lack of Candor- Under Oath.

Lack of Candor under oath is pretty much a dismissal, but Lack of Candor not under oath is some days on the beach.

We all know that lying under oath is a killer for a LE's career but I thought even a regular Lack of Candor charge can keep you from testifying

I mean people in FED LEO lie all the time. Get stopped by a PD and tell them " I was speeding because I am working on a case". I am sure that white lie gets told a lot. Or maybe telling their supervisor "I got here a 9AM when in fact it was 9:30"

Is there a difference with this Lack of Candor charge that can allow you not to be Giglio impaired?

The FBI can do what the FBI want to do........at least that's how they look at things.

Comment

Ha, I guess you are right.

I ran across that some where, where a couple agents got days on the beach for lack of candor charges.

Can you still testify with that under your belt?

Comment

Originally posted by dotcomerresurected View Post
        I mean people in FED LEO lie all the time.
        Oh do we?
        Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Ok everyone has told a white lie, other then you Albert.

If that makes you feel better.

Comment

This thread is gonna get ugly very fast. Seems like the OP has some sort of agenda.
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Ok, let me rephrase that. All people tell a little white lie once in their life. If you haven't I call BS.

No hidden agenda but reading the article wondering how the heck the FBI can have a policy that lets agents with lack of candor issues, testify.

Comment

i guess most of us aren't FBI Special Agents, so I really dont care, If they want to speed because they dont want to miss happy hour be my guest...
                Go wildcats!

Comment

A disproportionate number of current FBI agents are Mormons. Does having firmly held religious beliefs mean you're a liar? It does mean your standards of proof are less than the coolest in some matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                    It does mean your standards of proof are less than the coolest in some matters.
                    False.

Faith is, by definition, belief without proof.

Everybody has things they believe that they couldn't PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt in court... if you didn't you'd never work a case and gather evidence so that you COULD prove it. You BELIEVE a crime was committed, you BELIEVE certain suspects may have done it... then you go about proving or disproving the theory... or go about PROVING that various suspect didn't do it until you have the ones left that did.

Religious beliefs are just something you won't ever have evidence to PROVE to somebody else's satisfaction while on this plane of existence.

Oh do we?
                    Nobody's ever lied to a suspect during an interrogation?

Nobody's ever lied while undercover?
                    Last edited by tanksoldier; 03-11-2013, 02:40 AM.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier
                      False.

Faith is, by definition, belief without proof.

Everybody has things they believe that they couldn't PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt in court... if you didn't you'd never work a case and gather evidence so that you COULD prove it. You BELIEVE a crime was committed, you BELIEVE certain suspects may have done it... then you go about proving or disproving the theory... or go about PROVING that various suspect didn't do it until you have the ones left that did.

Religious beliefs are just something you won't ever have evidence to PROVE to somebody else's satisfaction while on this plane of existence.

Nobody's ever lied to a suspect during an interrogation?

Nobody's ever lied while undercover?
                      Fair enough tanksoldier.

Comment

This covers the issue in depth and explains the diofference between responding to "Does this dress make my a** look fat?" and official untruthfulness.

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/m...ssue_id=102003
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by dotcomerresurected View Post
                          Ok everyone has told a white lie, other then you Albert.

If that makes you feel better.
                          So what do you want? Do you want me to come on here and say I lie all the time? If I did, you might as well take away my badge and creds, because without my integrity I have no use working in LE.

Your statement sounds like something a lawyer would say trying to get my testimony thrown out of court.
                          Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Albert,

No i am not trying to get you to admit to anything. Just ran across the article on SA's at the FBI with Lack of Candor charges. I find it intriguing that the FBI has a Lack of Candor under oath and not under oath charges for their employees. I thought a lack of candor charge pretty much Giglioed or impaired ones testimony. Maybe I am wrong.

But one was right with the comment that the FBI can do what the FBI wants I guess.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8247 users online. 385 members and 7862 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X